Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images

DIY as barter for gear.

As the fall is upon us I will be getting my butt outside as much as possible. My life runs on a shoestring budget and as such my gear funds are always low.

I have been making gear for people for free for a while now and although I am not a cottage vendor I am not looking to compete with anyone for money. I actually enjoy making gear for free and plan on doing so more often in the future.

The problem is I have a few things on my need list I figured I would offer some barter for.

2. an kindle e-reader. I know this may not seam like a outdoor gear item, but I had a kindle keyboard 3g for a few years and I used it as my trail reading device. Its light, holds charge for over a month. Unfortunately my son dropped it and I am forced to either spend $87 on a replacement or only be able to read 2/3 of a screen.
    3. Food. I know this is a pretty open subject, but I am down to only one breakfast from packit gourmet. I would like to gather some more meals. I prefer packit gourmet and some mountain house.

Obviously it will depend on what you need as to what I will make or trade for. I can make a great many things hammock related: tree straps, whoopies, ridgelines, adjustable ridgelines, rl organizers, snake skins, stuff sacks, continuous loops, dog bones, soft shackles, hammocks, bugnets, I am sure I can make ucr's if needed, I can splice dutchware into set ups, shockcord guy lines, UQP.

I have some materials to make this stuff ( the rl, rl organizers, stuff sacks), I may need to order stuff( hammocks, bugnets ) for others, but ask because I do have some materials for these. We can also have you order the materials and have them shipped to me directly, it depends on what I will be working on.

As the rules state please don't PM me with offers. Lets keep it all in the thread. Ask me as many questions as needed. I can make sure this is customized as much to your liking as possible. I may also be open to making the gear for double the materials. For example 18 yards of silnylon (and some other materials for tie outs) for 1 completed tarp. Or 16 yards of hyperd for one dl 11' hammock. you get the picture.
    Last edited by miyanc; 09-25-2014 at 22:22.

I have a few DIY projects that I lack the time (or skill really) to get to and thought maybe we could talk about a trade.

I don't have an ESEE but I do have a becker necker (bk11). I bought it on a whim...not sure if it's ever even been used to cut anything (virtually brand new).

I have a couple of different headlamps I could offer.
    I have a petzl zipka 2
    I also have a black diamond (not sure of the model) but has 3 lights on it and is quite great. It is like green and purple in color if that helps. Can take a photo or try to figure out the model if you are interested.
    Also, have a couple of super cheap head lamps (good for around the camp type stuff).

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kc_joe View Post
    I have a few DIY projects that I lack the time (or skill really) to get to and thought maybe we could talk about a trade.

I don't have an ESEE but I do have a becker necker (bk11). I bought it on a whim...not sure if it's ever even been used to cut anything (virtually brand new).

I have a couple of different headlamps I could offer.
    I have a petzl zipka 2
    I also have a black diamond (not sure of the model) but has 3 lights on it and is quite great. It is like green and purple in color if that helps. Can take a photo or try to figure out the model if you are interested.
    Also, have a couple of super cheap head lamps (good for around the camp type stuff).
    I have held the becker and it was not comfortable in my hands. I thought it would be a cheaper version of the esee, but did not like it. Thanks for the offer. I am checking the headlamps. what diy work did you need?

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images

I have a petzl zipka 2
    I am not sure on the zipka, I have thought about them before but worry it wont be comfortable. I guess i would usually be wearing a hat, but would need to try one on first.
    I would be interested in the BD depending on the model. I love my spot.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    so what kind of projects and I need more information on the BD.

The zipka is great (i had the same concerns) but it's so lite that you don't even know it's there (at least that's my experience).
    I'm attaching a photo of the BD (hope i don't screw this up)
    Black Diamond Head Lamp.jpg

Interested in a few things myself:
    SL 1.0 11' Hammock
    Ridgeline Organizer
    Snake Skins (for a tarp)
    Bishop bag

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    The zipka is great (i had the same concerns) but it's so lite that you don't even know it's there (at least that's my experience).
    I'm attaching a photo of the BD (hope i don't screw this up)
    Black Diamond Head Lamp.jpg

Interested in a few things myself:
    SL 1.0 11' Hammock
    Ridgeline Organizer
    Snake Skins (for a tarp)
    Bishop bag
    Looks like a moxie. I have some 1.1 coyote left over from magna ( I have to check what length it may be 11' but that wont be the finished length). I have the material for the organizer, and bishop bag. I have some noseeum netting in grey and black. Not sure if thats what you want them out of and it may depend on the length of the skins. I am at work and need to check.
    Can you send a pic of the petzl?

zipka2 face.jpg

zipka2 top.jpg

I'm actually looking for something in 1.0 IF possible due to my incurable weight-weenie-ness. I'm assuming you don't have that on hand but if we decided to work something out along those lines I could buy and have shipped to you but let me know about materials for the RL organizer and snake skins.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    zipka2 face.jpg

zipka2 top.jpg

I'm actually looking for something in 1.0 IF possible due to my incurable weight-weenie-ness. I'm assuming you don't have that on hand but if we decided to work something out along those lines I could buy and have shipped to you but let me know about materials for the RL organizer and snake skins.
    i am thinking that the petzl might be good for my son. After thinking about it he cant swing it around and it would fit better in a pocket. I would just have to work on the playing with the elastic part.
    I do not have the hyperd 1.0 so if thats what you want you would have to ship it to me. Ripstopbytheroll is in Raleigh NC so it wont take long for me to get it.
    So what work would you like for me to do for the petzl? what material would you want for the rl organizer? Snake skins?

I know papasmurf uses .75oz Noseeum for his RL organizers and I like the weight on that (won't be too rough with that).
    What do people (trying to save weight) usually use for the snake skins? would the .75oz Noseeum work for that too? I kind of like the idea of that so they could drain a bit if i hang them over my bag in the skins...
    Thoughts? I don't know if you can tell or not but I don't really know what's best on that...a safer answer to your questions would have been 'i don't know'.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast