Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images

WTB-JRB Old Rag Mtn

Anyone have a gently used ORM they are looking to get rid of?

I know, I know...NO ONE wants to sell the stuff I'm looking for! (but it never hurts to ask!)
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I know its not what your looking for but I always find myself going back to look at this http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=8512 I dont know if its still available but it would make nice TQ. I sure wish I had a longer bridge that it would fit on as a UQ

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadtorque View Post
    I know its not what your looking for but I always find myself going back to look at this http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=8512 I dont know if its still available but it would make nice TQ. I sure wish I had a longer bridge that it would fit on as a UQ
    I'm too vertically challenged for something that long!
    Thanks for the heads-up though!
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley

Quote Originally Posted by animalcontrol View Post
    I'm too vertically challenged for something that long!
    Thanks for the heads-up though!
    An UQ is like a board, they are both a lot easier to shorten than to add length, then you'd have down left over for something else. The hot set up is a Rocky Mtn. No Sniveler (+JRB Hood) up top and a Mt Wash 4 season below. If I were starting from scratch I'd get a diff cut UQ.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Take-a-knee View Post
    An UQ is like a board, they are both a lot easier to shorten than to add length, then you'd have down left over for something else. The hot set up is a Rocky Mtn. No Sniveler (+JRB Hood) up top and a Mt Wash 4 season below. If I were starting from scratch I'd get a diff cut UQ.
    Good point TAK (imagine adding length!)

I'm good for UQs (were diff cut really makes a difference..IMO) to below 0*F
    and I'm good with my current TQ down to mid 30s. So, I really looking for a true 4 season TQ to replace a bulky down mummy bag...

How low can a NO Sniiveler go? (JRB rates it to 30ish)

Quote Originally Posted by animalcontrol View Post
    Good point TAK (imagine adding length!)

I'm good for UQs (were diff cut really makes a difference..IMO) to below 0*F
    and I'm good with my current TQ down to mid 30s. So, I really looking for a true 4 season TQ to replace a bulky down mummy bag...

How low can a NO Sniiveler go? (JRB rates it to 30ish)
    The 30 degree rating is conservative if you use the JRB Hood (2 ounces), most could go down in the 20's IMO. A no sniv has 2 inch baffles, the Rocky Mtn No Sniveler has 3in baffles, just like the Old Rag.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Take-a-knee View Post
    The 30 degree rating is conservative if you use the JRB Hood (2 ounces), most could go down in the 20's IMO. A no sniv has 2 inch baffles, the Rocky Mtn No Sniveler has 3in baffles, just like the Old Rag.
    yea, the 20s wont cut it...
    like I said, I need it to get to 0*F

in either case, winter will be sooner than we think (nice to see you getting an opportunity to spread the "JRB Hood" sermon early )
    btw, I am a hood user just not the JRB model!

• + New Posts