GEAUX Hammock
    Tarp
    GEAUX Dry Tarp
    Insulation
    GEAUX Warm UQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    No pillow for me either. I have tried DIY pillows and others. Finally tried no pillow and slept 10 hours two nights in a row. Happy with that!

Hammock
    DH ThunderBird
    Tarp
    Superfly,Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG,INC/UGQ,FLTJ
    Suspension
    Speedos/Ankors
    I tried HG down and it is pretty non existent when you lie on it.....no go.

Tried the cub from Arrowhead nice pillow just the right amount of neck support but a little small otherwise and find it's way out easily.

Just picked one of Jared's pillows Simply Light Designs and used it on a 3 day hang.....It's perfect. One side is your choose of nylon and the other side fleece.....I'm loving it

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    when car camping I use an elephant car/plane pillow. it just stay behind me better. I also have a jcp down puffer jacket that I use in the winter, but if not I just use extra close. Usually what I will be wearing the next day. I have also used my camelbak stoway100. when car camping with access to ice, it helps to have something cold. I am not one to get to cold, but I bet I could use hot water for winter.

Hammock
    DIY dbl.layer
    Tarp
    DIY camo semi-cat
    Insulation
    DIY IX-UQ
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies

DIY air pilow

Friday at work, we recieved two wooden wall plaques back from the local sign shop, and both were packaged in an Insultex (IX) sleave similar in shape to a mailing envelope. I threw the sleaves away, hung the plaques, and went on with my day. Later back in the break room, I saw some 1-gal ZipLok baggies and thought, "these are the same size as those sleaves I just tossed!" I went and retrieved them and sure enough, the baggies fit perfectly inside, with enough sleave left to fold the end over.

So with just a breath of air, I've got a 9"x9" pillow that feels incredibly warm and soft against my neck, yet packs so thin and light I'm liable to lose it in my pack. The IX really feels great, but I suppose you could sew up a simple "pillow case" if you wanted, that wouldn't add much bulk.

-Klauss
    My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/rexmichaelson

"But hey, 2 trees anywhere is a bedroom waiting to happen, right?"

Hammock
    Gathered end DIY
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix & DIY
    Suspension
    DIY Woopies
    Images
    I use an inflatable neck pillow. Weighs nothing. Compresses totally flat and cost about $5 on Amazon. It's cheap and can pop. But it lasts a while for me, maybe 6 months to a year or more. Then I just get a new one. But I've found it to be the best in a hammock because it stays put.
    I just keep mine slightly under inflated and it seems to last longer without popping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence." -Max Ehrmann, Desiderata

Hammock
    WBXLC, Chameleon, RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, Pole Mod
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, AHE, LLCP
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    Images
    Used a neck pillow, round cylindrical with small plastic beads the last time out. Actually slept better without it. Works great to vent an UQ in summertime.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    HG CF 11ft Palace
    Insulation
    Yeti3,HG20º,UGQ50º
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    I have now purchased three and ranked them.
    1. S2S Aeros = overall winner. Adjustable, soft on one side and works great in hammock or on ground. Has a unique two valve system for very easy inflation and adjustment. Problem is that my first one developed a slow leak; so I am waiting on a replacement. Worry about durability. Most Expensive $39 Weight 2.8 oz.
    2. HG Down Pillow = Wins Softness and insulation. However, just not thick enough to hold head up in hammock. May be my favorite for winter when hunkering down into the hammock for warmth. Very Soft and cool colors. Easily attaches to Ridgeline with button hook. No chance to develope a leak and easy to go to ground with. Cost is at $25 3.0 oz.
    3. Klymit = Lightest and smallest storage. Easy to blow up with typical pad valve, elevates higher than Down Pillow and is adjustable but nowhere near as soft as the Aeros. It maybe the easiest to keep clean. Hardest to keep in hammock... No real way to attach it in the hammock. May be a little sturdier for ground / shelter sleep. Lightest at 2.0 to 2.2 oz. and was $15.99 on MassDrop

My plan is to use the Klymit now, HG down in Winter and Save the S2S Aeros for a Thruhike,

Hammock
    11' DH DangerBird
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    WL TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    My pillow has been my one of my luxury items. I won a down pillow from Wilderness Logics about 2 years ago and its perfect. I've tried a couple of blow up pillows and a memory foam neck pillow, but none of them are as comfortable to me as the WL pillow. And with about 80 or so nights on it's also very durable. Just my $.02.

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition-Equip Mosquito-
    Tarp
    Hennessy and Yukon
    Insulation
    Snugpak Underblank
    Suspension
    Daisey chain
    I use one of these. Self inflating and a perfect fit for the intended use. Filled with a foam of some kind so it is not a regular air blow up pillow. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Automatic-In...item3d1f0c1ffa

Hammock
    DIY 11ft Hammock
    Tarp
    3m x3m MYOG Camo
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Amsteel
    Cant beat this one for cost size durability weight and packsize
    I love it
    http://goo.gl/XHI1va
    Tacblades