Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Pillows

A nice down pillow would probably make for a good investment long term

Thermarest silnylon stuff sack (large size). Has fleece in the inside. I use it to stuff my UQ and TQ in the pack and turn it inside out stuffed with my puffy for night time. This way I always have a emergency layer if it gets cold and the large size thermarest sack combined with my puffy makes a large medium firm pillow. Dual purpose all around.

I just got a packable down pillow. The jury is still out. Will have to do some 'sperementin to see if I like it.

Hammock
    Hennessey Exp. with the side zip
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly/HH Hex
    Insulation
    TQ, UQ
    I use the Jacks r Better pillow, which works great for me.

Hammock
    WB Traveler xl
    Tarp
    DIY membrane 4000
    Insulation
    Bandit, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    I love my Wilderness Logics down pillow that I bought 3 years ago. After countless nights of backpacking and in home use it still as comfortable as the day I bought it.It is heavy for a pillow (5-1/2 oz ) but it's one of my luxury items that I don't leave home without.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Any of you guys use the Sea to Summit pillow and if so is the large too large?

Stuff sack with either a down vest or down jacket stuffed in. The airplane pillow seems like a very good idea that is worth testing.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    HG CF 11ft Palace
    Insulation
    Yeti3,HG20º,UGQ50º
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    Any of you guys use the Sea to Summit pillow and if so is the large too large?
    I would go for the regular 1st to save weight and also for a better fit in the hammock. The hammock often forms around the pillow when your head is laying down (much like shoulder squeeze). The large simply spreads the opening wider but doesn't really change the lay of your head on the pillow. The contour of the neck is the same on both pillows; so it is the space on either side of the curve that is increased. I just don't think it's worth the slight weight penalty. I love this pillow because of softness, ease of letting air in or out to create a soft lay, and the ability to rig it to stay put in the hammock. I also have a Klymit and a Down Pillow. The Klymit was cheaper but not as comfortable or adjustable. The Down is heaviest and just not enough to head lift for me. However, I plan on using the Down for Winter. +1 on the S2S Aeros Regular Pillow

Hammock
    ENO double nest
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Countrybois View Post
    I just picked up a thermarest compressible pillow sizes small. I was considering a medium, but very glad I went with the small. It is plenty big. It really doesn't compress all that small though, so if you are looking to save space..... well maybe you wouldn't bring a pillow at all.
    I also use this if I'm using a pillow. I like to mash up my pillow as I sleep so air filled pillows don't work for me.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    I was using a regular old neck pillow untill just a few days ago. I just received the Snugpak Enhanced Patrol Poncho combo from Amazon for $45 and it came with a FREE Snugpak Snuggie Pillow. It comes in its own stuff sack that's attached and packs down pretty small. Its mesh on one side and their Travelsoft fabric on the other. I thought it would be too small at first untill i slept with it in my new HH Exped last night and it supported my head and neck great. Idk what the filling is, but its nice and firm and doesnt squish flat after a night of use. Plus the drawstring and cordlocked attached bag clipped into the mitten hook on the HH's inside end perfectly and didnt end up out of place by morning. Dont know what the retail is(im sure its not alot)but ill definatly buy another when this ones life runs out. Not the biggest travel pillow in the world, but does a good job and gave me a full nights sleep.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456