Switchback/DD Superlight
    Tarp
    BDD/DDH SL
    Insulation
    JRBShen/AHE/DDH UB
    Suspension
    Straps/DC-DDH susp

Stowing DD tarp

I have the DD Superlight tarp, which is a wee bit smaller (one one side) than their 3x3 meter tarp.

The bag is awfully small. How do people stow the tarp? This is the reply I got from DDH. (I believe she meant "not stowed" (instead of "now").

<<<Hi Sandra:

There is no right or wrong way to stow the tarp! The only thing we recommend is that it is now stowed away using the same folds each and every time as this could damage the tarp. Folded... rolled... stuffed... whatever you feel more comfy with I guess!

Hope this helps. Enjoy!

Kind regards,

Penny
    [email protected]
    http://www.ddhammocks.com>>

Also, do people leave the guys lines attached (how do u avoid spaghetti when using next time?)?

And how many guy lines do you use? I need to measure the length of the included 4 guy lines. I cut 4 10'-lengths of Glowire so I wouldn't trip. I attach them to the loops with those elastic pony tail holders. After struggling with the stowing process, I removed the guy lines, stuffed the semi-folded tarp and with an extra squeeze was able to fit the guy lines on top.

Hammock
    Exped Scout Hammock Combi
    Tarp
    DD Superlight
    Insulation
    DD Underblanket
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I just got one and as many people before me will just stuck it in the bag without folding. Fact is, last night been hammocking and in the morning tried to fold it in the morning but it catches so much air (airproof fabric as well) it is impossible to fit it in the bag. Just pushing it in the bag worked very well. Good luck.

Hammock
    Switchback/DD Superlight
    Tarp
    BDD/DDH SL
    Insulation
    JRBShen/AHE/DDH UB
    Suspension
    Straps/DC-DDH susp
    tx Andy. Are u using their guy lines? What length are they? Do u leave attached when stuffing in the bag?

I wasted time trying to sew mesh triangular pockets to stow the 4 corner guy lines. Too small.

Then I hand sewed the 4" x 5" organza drawstring pouches (where I had stored the guy lines) (by folding the corners diagonally)to the sides and top edge of the corners. This leaves the bag hanging downward. I "larks headed" the elastic ponytail holders to the corner loops, tucked the Glowire guy lines in the pockets, and pulled the drawstrings tight. This obviously added bulk.

I started by inserting the guy line pouches first and then stuffing the rest of the tarp. It took quite a while and I did get air bubbles, but I did fit it in. I feel like making the bag a bit bigger, but it seems like I'm defeating the purpose. At the same time, I don't like spending such a long time stuffing.

I bought these bags in assorted sizes and colors at an oriental gift store. Lightweight and breathable. Can use for many items.

http://www.amazon.com/Organza-Drawst.../dp/B002HIL50C

Hammock
    Switchback/DD Superlight
    Tarp
    BDD/DDH SL
    Insulation
    JRBShen/AHE/DDH UB
    Suspension
    Straps/DC-DDH susp
    Got another reply from DDH:

My apologies... we are (still... almost 5pm) having another frenetically busy Monday. I should have pointed you in this direction - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEyter00gHU ("A good way to pack up your DD Tarp") and also said, whence packing it up, to remove any/all air from the tarp.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Penny
    [email protected]
    http://www.ddhammocks.com

Hammock
    Exped Scout Hammock Combi
    Tarp
    DD Superlight
    Insulation
    DD Underblanket
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    So far I used their guy lines but they are to short if you think about porch mode but always have some paracord with me. I always stove all together it fits fine in this little bag provided.

Hammock
    LSOH,WARRIOR EDGE
    Tarp
    dd xl
    Insulation
    LSOH Toaster Down
    Suspension
    various
    i recently bought the ddxl tarp it is massive, but for car camping it is great ,went set up in porch mode 3 or 4 people can sit under with tons of room ,but i bought the hammock sock for it but that was actually a bit on the small side side for the tarp ,so i had some spare,s hennesy snake skins which also was a tight squeeze, so my finial solution was 1 snake skin, and the dd hammock sock ( just tried it this past week )
    i push them to the fixed end of the tarp the sock 1st then the snake skin then pull the snake to the same side ,then when it,s time to rap up just reverse the order ,rap up is a brezze ,very fast and simple ,the tarp never touches the ground , p.s. i do hank my guy lines ( sometimes ) just makes it easier for the next set up.this set up will definetly add weight but if that is not a concern, then go for it , it works for me ,hope this helps

Hammock
    Warrior Edge UL - LSoH
    Tarp
    'Razor' Hex - LSoH
    Insulation
    LSoH Toaster TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Various
    I have a very large tarp myself in Sil.
    I just made up some Tarp Snake Skins (2) out of noseeum (bug) netting.
    Wow! what a difference for take down time. one in the skins I stuff into
    the stuff sack and good to go.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC - DL
    Tarp
    CG 15'x10'
    Insulation
    DD UnderBlanket
    Suspension
    straps, cinch bckl
    Images
    My solution for guyline issues is...
    I have one of those bugnets from Academy Sports. Cost me about 7 dollars.
    I'm cutting it into 2 - 12ftx1.5ft strips the long way...and having my seamstress make me a
    15ft long bugnet mesh snakeskin with cinching cords on the ends for my 14ftx 9.5ft DD-XL tarp.
    When I pull the snakeskin over the tarp from one end it will suck in the tarp and guylines perfectly. Then I'll cinch the open end and lock the cordlock and stuff the whole thing into a larger stuff-sack I had my seamstress make this past spring.

I've already practiced this method with one of those shower poofs that are made of plastic. I took the rope off of it and unrolled it and it's a tube of really thin and weak plastic mesh. Tried it with my 10x10 sil-poly tarp I just sold and it worked great...until I yanked it on too fast and it tore up.
    Replaced it with the HH Snakeskins. I'll probably sell those eventually after I have my mesh Snakeskin tube made...

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    This thread is a year old so I hope the OP had found a solution.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    This thread is a year old so I hope the OP had found a solution.
    bwahaha

• + New Posts