Dutch 11' Argon
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SSUQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks

New Ridgeline Ideas

Hey Y'all. As the cooler weather approaches us in Texas I'm starting to review and tweak my setup. First problem is my tarp ridgeline. Right now I am running a Lash It continuos ridgeline with Lash It prussiks to attach my WL Tadpole. It's just kind of a hassle to set up and I'm looking for a quicker way to use my Lash it and still set up my tarp. Any help would be great.
    "Getting to the top is optional, getting down is mandatory"
    - Ed Viesturs

CHerring

Hammock
    DIY: Arial bridge, WBBB XLC clone
    Tarp
    DIY 12' Winter
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Dutch stuff
    dutchwaregear.com

get a dutch hook, and either a tarp fly or wasp. Larks head the hook onto one end, and run the fly/wasp on the other. They'll replace your prussiks (for the most part).

Central California's Gateway to the Sierras
    Hammock
    DIY 11' Gathered End
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    Greylok4; GoLite20
    Suspension
    Whoopies n' Straps
    Do you leave your tarp attached to the ridgeline? That helps immensely. Either way, Dutch has some awesome Ti goodies that can help you set up your tarp quick and easy.

My tarp's CRL has a Dutch Hook spliced onto a fixed eye on one end. The tarp is connected to the ridgeline via two soft-shackle Prusiks (same Lash-It for RL and shackles) and stays connected. There is a Dutch Wasp threaded onto the far side for completing the connection (line goes around tree and back to Wasp, where it gets cinched up quick and easy).

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronMB View Post
    Do you leave your tarp attached to the ridgeline? That helps immensely. Either way, Dutch has some awesome Ti goodies that can help you set up your tarp quick and easy.

My tarp's CRL has a Dutch Hook spliced onto a fixed eye on one end. The tarp is connected to the ridgeline via two soft-shackle Prusiks (same Lash-It for RL and shackles) and stays connected. There is a Dutch Wasp threaded onto the far side for completing the connection (line goes around tree and back to Wasp, where it gets cinched up quick and easy).
    I've got the same setup for all my tarps (though some have the Dutch Tarp Flyz). You can't get much easier.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Tarp
    DD Tarp
    Insulation
    Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Woopie

Hammock
    Dutch Half Zip
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Greylock 3/HG Econ
    Suspension
    Becket hitch

After setting up my tarp with knots only the last few time camping, I'm definitely getting the packaged CRL kit from Dutch as my next purchase. Knots worked fine, but this looks so much simpler, especially if I'm in a hurry.

Central California's Gateway to the Sierras
    Hammock
    DIY 11' Gathered End
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    Greylok4; GoLite20
    Suspension
    Whoopies n' Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by cricky101 View Post
    After setting up my tarp with knots only the last few time camping, I'm definitely getting the packaged CRL kit from Dutch as my next purchase. Knots worked fine, but this looks so much simpler, especially if I'm in a hurry.
    Knots are great fun and fun to know....but a quick, simple setup is oh-so-nice!

Got this from someone here, but cannot find the original link to credit. In any case, I like this better than the CRL.

- Each side has a 12-foot section of lash-it with fixed loops on each end.
    - One end of the line is larks-head tied to the D-ring on the tarp.
    - I then made a continuous loop (about 6") with a dutch wasp.
    - This is then tied to the lash-it ridge line using a klemheist knot.
    - The 12-foot lash-it goes around the tree and ties to the dutch wasp like it normally would.

Pretty much the same as the normal use for a wasp, except now with the wasp attached using a kelmheist it can be easily adjusted without untying the wasp. Same easy of adjustability as a CRL. Plus the ease of using a wasp, including the ability to get the tarp really tight if you want.

The continuous loop is also made with lash-it.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Pad->TQUQ

I was thinking about doing the same, except with a Tarp Flyz. How do you leave all this connected in storing the tarp? My SuperFly goes in a stuff-sac and I would be scared the Tarp Flyz and Dutch Hook would catch on the fabric at some point and possibly tear into the tarp material. I also have two s-biners between the tarp ends and the Prussiks. Those might also catch on the material at some point. If you are gentle enough in moving the material in and out of the bag is snagging and tangling not an issue?

I'm really interested in your response as dealing with the tarp seems to be the most time consuming part of setting-up and taking-down. Right now I use all knots and separate everything for storage. Seems to take way too long.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    WB straps
    Quote Originally Posted by tundracamper View Post
    I was thinking about doing the same, except with a Tarp Flyz. How do you leave all this connected in storing the tarp? My SuperFly goes in a stuff-sac and I would be scared the Tarp Flyz and Dutch Hook would catch on the fabric at some point and possibly tear into the tarp material. I also have two s-biners between the tarp ends and the Prussiks. Those might also catch on the material at some point. If you are gentle enough in moving the material in and out of the bag is snagging and tangling not an issue?

I'm really interested in your response as dealing with the tarp seems to be the most time consuming part of setting-up and taking-down. Right now I use all knots and separate everything for storage. Seems to take way too long.
    I have the single line RL from whoopieslings.com (http://shop.whoopieslings.com/Single...-Line-TRL1.htm) with soft shackles on my Superfly. I just use snakeskins to keep the whole thing on the RL, then bundle it down into a small-ish stuff sack (or just use the part of the RL that goes around the trees to wrap the bundled snakeskins into a smaller pack-able size). This way, if the knotbone or figure 9 decide to catch on some fabric, it should be the snakeskins taking the abuse and not the tarp.

• + New Posts