Warbonnet Blackbird XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Hey from South Dakota - New Hanger

What's up guys. I'm new to hammock camping and I'm loving being off the ground. Every time I do a google search to learn more about hammock camping I always seem to end up on HammockForums.net. So a couple days ago I registered and I'm loving all the in-depth info and advice from the hammock camping community here.

Since I live near the Black Hills National Forest I'm always backpacking out there. I'm very blessed to be this close to so many beautiful places crisscrossed with trails and creeks. Out here in the Black Hills it's sometimes very difficult to find a nice flat spot for my tarp tents but there always seem to be trees. LOL.

I kept putting off trying a hammock even after so many people on YouTube tried to get me to hang. After 2 years of thinking about it I finally got an ENO Doublenest. Not bad for the money but after my first couple hangs I realized at 6 foot tall and close to 218 lbs. I need a different hammock to get a good flat lay. I stumbled on the Warbonnet Black Bird XLC 1.7 Double Layer with top cover and then read on HammockForums that the WBB is a very popular hammock for a good reason. SOLD. I just purchased one yesterday. Now the 3 or 4 week wait to get it. With winter fast approaching I've already purchased a Hammock Gear Incubator 20 degree underquilt, 12x12 Kelty Noah's tarp and I'll be using a zero degree down sleeping bag as a top quilt.

Can't wait to get out there and freeze my butt off. LOL.

Here's my current Hammock Camping gear setup till the Warbonnet BB comes in the mail. http://youtu.be/jLNERsByxro

Hammock Camping Gear Youtube thumbnail copy.jpg
    Last edited by KdawgCrazy; 09-14-2014 at 20:10.

The Beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota
    Hammock
    WARBONNET 1.1 DOUBLE, DIY BRIDGE
    Tarp
    DIY ARGON CAMO/BMJ
    Insulation
    DIY DOWN TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    STRAPS/BUCKLES
    welcome from spearfish!

boot
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us. ~Bill Watterson

Hammock
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Thank you sir. It looks like I just missed a group hang in the Black Hills. Do you know if there is another one planned for this year?

Hammock
    Clark DLX, ENO SN, BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    OxPalace,Big Squid
    Insulation
    Oxgear, KAQ, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Welcome to HF from Georgia. Looks like you're on your way to many a comfy night in the piney woods.
    Everyone ought to believe in something....I believe I'll go set up the hammock!

Hammock
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ply View Post
    Welcome to HF from Georgia. Looks like you're on your way to many a comfy night in the piney woods.
    Yes sir. I'm looking forward to camping in some places with some really nice views. Just hope I don't walk off a cliff in the middle of the night when answering natures call. LOL.

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    WarBonnet SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Welcome to the forum. I am new here as well. Awesome video by the way. I'm still waiting for my hammock to arrive. I am excited and cant wait to get my first hang in. See you on the site.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by MorChaos View Post
    Welcome to the forum. I am new here as well. Awesome video by the way. I'm still waiting for my hammock to arrive. I am excited and cant wait to get my first hang in. See you on the site.
    I know what you mean. I just ordered the warbonnet black bird xlc and that's gonna take a good couple weeks to arrive. LOL.

I'm gonna try sleeping in my ENO DN hammock tonight in the basement to see if it's more compfy than my bed was last night. It's a new bed and we are still trying to break it in.

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    ENO Housefly
    Insulation
    Jarbidge UQ
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas straps
    Images
    welcome from pittsburgh. i have both ENO single and doublenests but for me, i sleep better in the single nest. i'm only 5'3 and not that heavy, so the double nest is too much hammock haha. i can't get positioned right for a whole nights sleep. anyways, if you can't find another hang in your area, you can always start a new thread to arrange your own hang

Hammock
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyFace View Post
    welcome from pittsburgh. i have both ENO single and doublenests but for me, i sleep better in the single nest. i'm only 5'3 and not that heavy, so the double nest is too much hammock haha. i can't get positioned right for a whole nights sleep. anyways, if you can't find another hang in your area, you can always start a new thread to arrange your own hang
    Thanks for the welcome. I'm gonna try to sleep in the eno dn tonight in my basement but I think at my height I'm just not gonna get the best position. But, when I do get compfy I find that I'm laying within the width of what a single nest would be. I did find that I'm good just on my back diagonal laying on my big agnes air pad. Gonna try without the air pad and some side sleeping tonight with the under quilt on. Go to get prepared for the winter. I might try to do a frozen butt hang in a couple months. I'm sure there would be a couple people out here crazy enough to try it. LOL.

The Beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota
    Hammock
    WARBONNET 1.1 DOUBLE, DIY BRIDGE
    Tarp
    DIY ARGON CAMO/BMJ
    Insulation
    DIY DOWN TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    STRAPS/BUCKLES
    Quote Originally Posted by KdawgCrazy View Post
    I might try to do a frozen butt hang in a couple months. I'm sure there would be a couple people out here crazy enough to try it. LOL.
    hey i resemble that comment!

boot
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us. ~Bill Watterson

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast