WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator 40
    Suspension
    Straps and Beeners

First Hang Ever

Hi, went to the local park and set up my BB down near the creek. I just received my BB last week. My first hammock hang ever. I knew it would be comfortable but until you experience, you really have no idea how comfortable it really is. I am very much looking forward to sleeping in it overnight.

It was just for about 90 minutes but it was wonderful. About 74 degrees out and slightly breezy. Every time the breeze blew, I could feel the coolness of it from under the hammock on my back. I can see how it will be getting cold when the temp gets below 60 degrees. I sleep hot so I know that the hammock will be unparalleled for keeping me cooler on summer hangs, compared to a sweltering tent.

It literally took me 5 minutes to set it up, and would have only taken about 1 minute but I moved it to a different set of trees and moved the entrance side to facing the creek.

I have watched so many videos in the last 6 weeks that by the time it came to setting up my hammock, it was like I had done it before. I want to send out a huge thanks to people like Shug, pnyberg and 12trysomething for taking the considerable time and effort to create such helpful stuff.

I did not set up my tarp. I can see going back down there this fall on a drizzly day and setting back up there down by the creek, listening to the rain and chilling out for a few hours.

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie/Sub'Kilo
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Sounds like a great Sunday morning... Going back and setting up with the tarp is a great idea... I'd recommend you do it over and over again- in the rain, at night, when you're pooped, etc.- because inevitably that's what'll happen the first time you use it overnight too far out in the woods to bail out from! And set up the tarp first, the. The hammock under it, because thats how you'll want to do it in the rain. You can make a great game of it, timing yourself for setting up and breaking down, experimenting with different configurations, etc. have fun!
    Add life to your years!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    AHE 3S New River
    Suspension
    Adj. webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by stango View Post
    Hi, went to the local park and set up my BB down near the creek. I just received my BB last week. My first hammock hang ever. I knew it would be comfortable but until you experience, you really have no idea how comfortable it really is. I am very much looking forward to sleeping in it overnight.

It was just for about 90 minutes but it was wonderful. About 74 degrees out and slightly breezy. Every time the breeze blew, I could feel the coolness of it from under the hammock on my back. I can see how it will be getting cold when the temp gets below 60 degrees. I sleep hot so I know that the hammock will be unparalleled for keeping me cooler on summer hangs, compared to a sweltering tent.

It literally took me 5 minutes to set it up, and would have only taken about 1 minute but I moved it to a different set of trees and moved the entrance side to facing the creek.

I have watched so many videos in the last 6 weeks that by the time it came to setting up my hammock, it was like I had done it before. I want to send out a huge thanks to people like Shug, pnyberg and 12trysomething for taking the considerable time and effort to create such helpful stuff.

I did not set up my tarp. I can see going back down there this fall on a drizzly day and setting back up there down by the creek, listening to the rain and chilling out for a few hours.
    Well, that's remarkably different then my first experience today! I must be dumb or your a genius!! Took me an hour to get mine close to set up and I don't think it was right. LOL. The whole angle thing really throws me. I guess I'm not good with cause and effect. First my ridge line was too loose then it was too tight. I'd move the straps up and down the tree and/or adjust the buckles and could figure out what was doing what.

The only thing that went smoothly was setting up the continuous ridge line, Tato tarp connectors from Dutch, well until I realized the tarp was upside down!! I said screw it and got in. Even not set up perfectly it was still comfortable.

And I noticed like you did that even in the 70 degree weather I was much cooler on the backside. Stuck a blue close foam pad in and that helped but hard to get it in just right.

I'll be posting a video later of the finished setup.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator 40
    Suspension
    Straps and Beeners
    :-). I just eyeballed it, made the foot end a little higher than the head end. My trees were like 16 feet apart. How do you know when the bb ridgeline is too tight? Did you put the pad in between the layers or just underneath you?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    AHE 3S New River
    Suspension
    Adj. webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by stango View Post
    :-). I just eyeballed it, made the foot end a little higher than the head end. My trees were like 16 feet apart. How do you know when the bb ridgeline is too tight? Did you put the pad in between the layers or just underneath you?
    Well, it was very close to guitar string tight which Brandon says you means you have the angle wrong on his setup video.

I put the pad between the layers.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator 40
    Suspension
    Straps and Beeners
    ahhh, I had forgotten about the ridgeline check. I think mine might have been a little tight then. thanks for reminding me about the video. :-)

• + New Posts