Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    Good one. Had to figure out where you were on the map! Looked like a good walk in the rain. Shelters come in handy on days like that. ;-))
    YMMV

HYOH

Free advice worth what you paid for it. ;-)

Hammock
    Snipe, Netty, Argon
    Tarp
    Tadpole, Cuben, SF
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Dutch DooDads
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Moist but warm in the Packa. I sweat in any kind of rain gear but at least I am warm. Got hypothermic years ago hiking in rain all day with no rain gear. Temps in the high 70s.
    Good on you for getting out there a lot.
    Whoooooo Buddy)))))
    Shug
    The Packa is definitely becoming a goto piece of gear for me. I haven't had that type of experience although I can see it happening. My goal was to get 1 night out per month for 2014..so far so good! Thanks for the view.

Quote Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
    Good one. Had to figure out where you were on the map! Looked like a good walk in the rain. Shelters come in handy on days like that. ;-))
    That is was, a nice walk indeed. GreyGorilla was in charge of all the logistics, he picked a fine spot! Thanks for watching along.
    Visit Backpacking Adventures and submit your pictures into our monthly contest!

Check us out on YouTube or FaceBook

Hammock
    Bonefire whisper/Airship
    Tarp
    Airship
    Insulation
    WB Yeti//HG TQ
    Suspension
    All in one
    Images
    I'm thinking about making that Ramen up. You said at first it was a half cup of broccoli mix and then you said stir in 2 cups of broccoli mix ? I'm guessing it was only supposed to be a half cup of broccoli mix?

Excellent video by the way. thanks for sharing
    Don't be scared ,it's just a beard.

My youtube videos on Hiking ,Camping & Cooking

Hammock
    Snipe, Netty, Argon
    Tarp
    Tadpole, Cuben, SF
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Dutch DooDads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx View Post
    I'm thinking about making that Ramen up. You said at first it was a half cup of broccoli mix and then you said stir in 2 cups of broccoli mix ? I'm guessing it was only supposed to be a half cup of broccoli mix?

Excellent video by the way. thanks for sharing
    Thanks, yes it is 1/2 cup of the soup mix in 2 cups of water for the Ramen. Good Eats!

Hammock
    Bonefire whisper/Airship
    Tarp
    Airship
    Insulation
    WB Yeti//HG TQ
    Suspension
    All in one
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 12trysomething View Post
    Thanks, yes it is 1/2 cup of the soup mix in 2 cups of water for the Ramen. Good Eats!
    I'm sitting here at my computer eating it now. I tasted it at first and said to my self F' it and added the beef flavor spice pack to it and it's delicious. thanks for the recipe!
    Don't be scared ,it's just a beard.

My youtube videos on Hiking ,Camping & Cooking

Hammock
    Danger Bird
    Tarp
    Varies with season
    Insulation
    UGQ Everything
    Suspension
    Webbing Suspension
    Looks like you had a grand time. Gotta love little overnighters like that. It does the mind and body good.

Just curious as to why you filtered your water as you poured it into your pot. Seems like a waste of filter (life) and time. Because as soon as the water comes to a boil it kills everything anyways….Just a tip for the future.

Cheers
    I miss my 4.8Lb base weight as a ground dweller...But I sure DON'T MISS the ground.

Hammock
    Snipe, Netty, Argon
    Tarp
    Tadpole, Cuben, SF
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Dutch DooDads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx View Post
    I'm sitting here at my computer eating it now. I tasted it at first and said to my self F' it and added the beef flavor spice pack to it and it's delicious. thanks for the recipe!
    No worries. I actually found it on Whiteblazes - I was just the middle person

Quote Originally Posted by mugs View Post
    Looks like you had a grand time. Gotta love little overnighters like that. It does the mind and body good.

Just curious as to why you filtered your water as you poured it into your pot. Seems like a waste of filter (life) and time. Because as soon as the water comes to a boil it kills everything anyways….Just a tip for the future.

Cheers
    Thanks for watching. Just habit, you make a good point for the future. Thanks

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    HG/pad and bag
    Suspension
    Straps
    Looks like a good time, thanks for sharing!

The finger lakes trail actually passes pretty close to home for me, and yet as far as I know... I havn knowingly hiked any of it other than through the gorge at Watkins Glenn. I didn't know the "trail" existed until recently. The crystal hills trail is fairly close as is the Montour Falls loop. I live about 1/2 hour drive south of Watkins so plan to hit this trail a lot.

Just got the map set a couple of weeks ago from the FLT Conference, so will be trying to get out a bit in the near future. Probably explore the Connecticut Hill WMU area a bit throughout October as time permits.

Best,

Chris

Hammock
    Snipe, Netty, Argon
    Tarp
    Tadpole, Cuben, SF
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Dutch DooDads
    Quote Originally Posted by cmseeley View Post
    Looks like a good time, thanks for sharing!

The finger lakes trail actually passes pretty close to home for me, and yet as far as I know... I havn knowingly hiked any of it other than through the gorge at Watkins Glenn. I didn't know the "trail" existed until recently. The crystal hills trail is fairly close as is the Montour Falls loop. I live about 1/2 hour drive south of Watkins so plan to hit this trail a lot.

Just got the map set a couple of weeks ago from the FLT Conference, so will be trying to get out a bit in the near future. Probably explore the Connecticut Hill WMU area a bit throughout October as time permits.

Best,

Chris
    Thanks Chris. You are in the middle of a ton of terrific hiking country, now being a great time to get out and explore. Earlier this spring a few of us from the forum got together on the Interloken trail for an overnight hang.

Keep your eye on the trip planning section.

Hammock
    Dutchware netted
    Tarp
    Ghill Gorilla 12
    Insulation
    stratus insul.pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    very nice. still new to hammocking. i have an eno jungle nest, with eno rain fly tarp. use them when i got jeep 4x4 on the weekends. the soup/noodles thing is nice, easy and light, tried it a few weeks ago , loved it so much
    ate it 3 times over the long weekend. lol

thanks for sharing.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast