Tarp
    Hanger12/ DIYasym
    Insulation
    Bandit/Pheonix
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Quote Originally Posted by Qooter View Post
    I like bringing a fishing pole
    +1 to this, that's my relax and get away from everything. I carry a 4 piece ugly stick, and usually my black Max, cause it's light weight and easily replaceable if I ever had too. The gear that comes with it is not so light though. The tackle really adds up quick.
    Where the trail ends the adventure begins!

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    For fishing poles, this Plusinnio is hard to beat. $19.99 for the rod, $25 for the reel on Amazon.

14.80oz for rod and reel. I went with the 5.9ft rod to save weight and it's fine. Add a small case for a few spinner baits and you're done. Leatherman PS4 for scissors (cutting line), pliers (removing hooks) and knife really tops it off.

I figured it would be a cheap few-time use like a lot of the noname junk out there. But I've been using it not only for backpacking, but for anytime I hit the creek after work.

Lots of chairs hehe

I just use a 20x26 inch double folded foam pad for sitting on rocks/ground/trees for all my hikes. Weighs nothing.

My luxury item is an Air Mattrass. One area I'm not letting go.....some would say it's not really luxury I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    At home I've been trying to offset my Netflix addiction with more reading on my paperwhite. But man is it tough! I can't make it thru a whole chapter before wanting to go to sleep...no matter the time of day.
    Give it time. As you read more on regular basis and perfect the art of "submerging yourself into the story/read" vs just reading it won't be as boring/sleepy hehe

PS. I struggle with this as well, but when I get sleepy I remind myself "I'm doing something/time to adjust my mindset"

Hammock
    Ol' ugly
    Tarp
    Hanger12/ DIYasym
    Insulation
    Bandit/Pheonix
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    For fishing poles, this Plusinnio is hard to beat. $19.99 for the rod, $25 for the reel on Amazon.
    Nice, thanks for the advise, I'll check em out. Does it pack down small?

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Troll View Post
    Nice, thanks for the advise, I'll check em out. Does it pack down small?
    Yes, perfect on the side of your pack. Just under 16" closed.

I forgot to mention they have the rod/reel combo for $39 to save a little.

Hammock
    Ol' ugly
    Tarp
    Hanger12/ DIYasym
    Insulation
    Bandit/Pheonix
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    I know it's bad, but I also snag my son's dock demon. Caught a bunch of crappie, and bass on that little puppy. My buddy's Lil girl got a 6.5 lbs bass on one, it almost pulled her in, lol. It's larger then I prefer for my pack, but I can get into heavy cover and it's short enough I can still cast it well.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    Pad/Cheap Bag
    Suspension
    Woopies
    Kindle eReader. Really a necessity when winter camping and the sun is down at 4pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jowee View Post
    I always bring a book of short stories. Reading horror tails by Clark Ashton Smith in a deserted forest in the middle of night is usually a good idea.
    Haha I read an entire horror novel in a couple backcountry nights and it didn't help my nighttime paranoia one bit. Can't say I wouldn't do it again, however

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tonykarter View Post
    14X18 sustainable self-seal foam refrigeration mailing pouch. Weighs nothing. Each side 1 1/2" soft white compressible foam. Six Bud Light Platinum's inside, cans are tall and skinny, and fit inside better than regular beer cans. All kept ICE COLD for at least ____ (I don't know, they never last, but the last one is still REAL cold)...meanwhile, back at the ranch... all kept cold, 3 beers on each side, by a pair of inch-thick New York strips frozen side-by-side, packed in cracked pepper and Montreal Steak seasoning and marinated in equal parts soy sauce and lime juice. Steaks frozen as cold as my laydown freezer will get them, then double vacuum-packed to prevent leaks of the thawing marinade. Beers ice cold first night, probably would be adequate the second night too, but I probably shall never know. Steaks thawed, still cold and ready to grill the second night. Pouch makes a great pillow when empty. Got mine from Providence Packaging. Many sizes.

I tested all in my 110-degree metal building earlier this summer. Closed the pouch with masking tape so I could re-use it. Thirty hours later I opened it and shot the infrared temp gun on one of the cans: 41 degrees.
    This is pretty genius.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031