Underquilt selection help

I have a bottom-entry Hennesy Expedition, as well as a DIY ultralight hammock that I use when backpacking. I'm hoping to find an underquilt that I would have the option of using on both. I'd be fine using a small pad for my feet, but I'd like at least 3/4 coverage. Is this even a possibility? Or with the asym cut on the Hennessy, am I going to be stuck with needing a different quilt for each one?

Thanks!

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    Jacks R Better. They made the first UQ's for the bottom entry HH's. They will also work on other gathered end hammocks.

You should be able to use a regular quilt though, just shove it aside.

Another option would be Zq2q, they do the zipper mods on the HH. They can close the bottom or leave it as is, when they mod it for a side loader zip entry.
    Signature suspended

I've seen the whole "Shove it aside" trick with Arrowhead Equipment's Potomac, though I assumed that was something specific to that UQ. That makes it sound like I have several other options than I thought. So will any "Standard" UQ work/fit my HH?

Also looking for specific recommendations for a 3/4 UQ that will take me down to ~30, and is under $200. Weight is a concern, but I understand that at my price point I'll likely be sacrificing some there by going synthetic instead of down.

Thanks!

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S and SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Some WL and UGQ
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by celsmore View Post
    I've seen the whole "Shove it aside" trick with Arrowhead Equipment's Potomac, though I assumed that was something specific to that UQ. That makes it sound like I have several other options than I thought. So will any "Standard" UQ work/fit my HH?

Also looking for specific recommendations for a 3/4 UQ that will take me down to ~30, and is under $200. Weight is a concern, but I understand that at my price point I'll likely be sacrificing some there by going synthetic instead of down.

Thanks!
    I'd check out the QwikHang UQ's on The Simply Light Designs site. Very similar to the AHE Jarbidges, but larger and with a better suspension. There are a bunch on sale there now for $130 and less. I have 2, and they are first rate.

Quote Originally Posted by mychal View Post
    I'd check out the QwikHang UQ's on The Simply Light Designs site. Very similar to the AHE Jarbidges, but larger and with a better suspension. There are a bunch on sale there now for $130 and less. I have 2, and they are first rate.
    Those look great. Thanks for the suggestion, I think that's probably what I'm going to go with.

• + New Posts