I'm around 165#. 1.0 and 1.1 work well for me. @185# I'd probably be looking at the new 1.3 or 1.6.

While there have been some failures of the 1.1, it's not a persistant problem, with many occurring due to user, vendor, or material lot problems. If you are closing in on your gear's maximum weight limit, you do so with the knowledge that you are sacrificing strength and durability, to avoid a small amount of weight penalty, and additional care must be taken to prevent KatsOstrophic failures.

I've had no problems with my original 11' BIAS WW after three years. Sleeps wonderfully. At 5'6" however I think I've got a bit too much excess material in both length and width, and need to see if a smaller lighter hammock is possible for me. I understand this is a luxury of which not all hangers can take advantage. While slowly slipping into a more lightweight world on the trail, I'm also converting to a full time hammocker and 10' fits much better in the small bedrooms in my house.

I may be going smaller yet. It seems Codi may be showing some interest and man does he know how to get comfortable. 30lb Borgi looks like he'll fit fine in a little bridge.