Hammock
    WBBB XLC; WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    When I slept on my back in a hammock, I usually had a very dry mouth in the morning and a worn out uvula from snoring. I've learned how to slide-sleep in my BB XLC and the issue went away.

Hammock
    LSOH,WARRIOR EDGE
    Tarp
    dd xl
    Insulation
    LSOH Toaster Down
    Suspension
    various
    in regular bed i am a side sleeper ,but in the ( gathered end ) hammock i definitely sleep on my back i think you have just give me a clue as to what i am doing wrong, it might seem obvious to some but for me as soon as you said it a light went on lol ,next time i shall definitely attempt to side sleep with the aid of a few bits of clothing coats etc ,i should be albe to at least give it a reasonable attempt and see if that helps ,at least now i know i am not going insane lol.but what you said does make sense
    always use tree straps please

Hammock
    LSOH,WARRIOR EDGE
    Tarp
    dd xl
    Insulation
    LSOH Toaster Down
    Suspension
    various
    Quote Originally Posted by Watertooner View Post
    When I slept on my back in a hammock, I usually had a very dry mouth in the morning and a worn out uvula from snoring. I've learned how to slide-sleep in my BB XLC and the issue went away.
    did you have a hard time adjusting to side sleeping in your bb ?

Hammock
    Half-wit (3 season), Chameleon (win
    Tarp
    Superfly, Thunderf
    Insulation
    EE Revelation 20*,
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    Quote Originally Posted by paulw View Post
    in regular bed i am a side sleeper ,but in the ( gathered end ) hammock i definitely sleep on my back i think you have just give me a clue as to what i am doing wrong, it might seem obvious to some but for me as soon as you said it a light went on lol ,next time i shall definitely attempt to side sleep with the aid of a few bits of clothing coats etc ,i should be albe to at least give it a reasonable attempt and see if that helps ,at least now i know i am not going insane lol.but what you said does make sense
    It could be something as simple as head position. If you can remember, think of if your head and back were fairly level with your feet, a little above, or a little below. Some people do better with their head higher because it allows their sinuses to drain better. Others, feet higher because their jaw doesn't drop as much. You may find experimenting a little with adjusting the height of your hammock at the head vs your feet might help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    LSOH,WARRIOR EDGE
    Tarp
    dd xl
    Insulation
    LSOH Toaster Down
    Suspension
    various
    definitely sleep with my feet slightly higher because when i noticed this sore throat thing happening i was thinking my head was to high up and my thinking was my head was sort of falling forward and perhaps i was closing of my air way but it definetly happens both ways ,i think i am going to have to try and figure out how to side sleep and se how that goes

Hammock
    WBBB XLC; WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I adjusted to side-sleeping in hammock quite quickly once I figured out how to make the shift from back to side and especially when I stuffed a small folded fleece throw behind my back to give a sense of stability. I also bend my knees into a semi-fetal position to help keep the hammock spread out in the sweet spot.

Hammock
    LSOH,WARRIOR EDGE
    Tarp
    dd xl
    Insulation
    LSOH Toaster Down
    Suspension
    various
    Quote Originally Posted by Watertooner View Post
    I adjusted to side-sleeping in hammock quite quickly once I figured out how to make the shift from back to side and especially when I stuffed a small folded fleece throw behind my back to give a sense of stability. I also bend my knees into a semi-fetal position to help keep the hammock spread out in the sweet spot.
    cheers waterooner ,I will definitely give this a try just going to be hard to train myself to do this ,usually I get in and find the sweet flat lay spot and I am out like a light ,but I have to change this for sure ,that sore throat thing can definitely ruin a trip for a guy / girl

Hammock
    DIY Hammocks
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Also, if you are hiking any distance, dehydration can make throat issues worse. I have even had my uvula swell up, which make it difficult to lay flat. I thought I had drank enough water, but I had not!

Of course liquor will make dehydration even worse.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123