Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    HG UQ, UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    Hybrid/varies

Greetings from Veneta, Oregon

Hi,

My name is Tim Hammock (yes, that is my real last name).

I was a Boy Scout '78-'85, and I was lucky enough to join a troop that really got out and did backpacking trips every month. I enjoyed it immensely, including 2 50-milers and the '81 National Jamboree. I never quite reached Eagle, but I did earn my Life rank, and was inducted into OA (though I turned 18 and moved on shortly after).

When I got married at 20 I was very poor and very busy trying to support a new family, so I didn't get out backpacking much. In the meantime, gear evolved at a crazy rate. When I was in the BSA, external frame packs were the norm and internal packs were rare and expensive (read "I didn't have one"). Hammock camping was something I had never heard of.

After about a decade, I reached a point where I had the time and money to get back into backpacking. I started by taking the whole family (wife & 2 daughters) out for every day hike I could manage. When the kids got to be teens, my wife and I bought some new packs and gear and started doing 2-3 night trips, once a year. Since then (about 12 years) I have been ramping up our trips, and expanding the endless gear pile.

We have been using Hennessey Backpacker Asyms for about a decade, and I have loved them, but now I am branching out in an effort to get light for a 75 mile jaunt.

---

I support enterprise-level mail filtering software for a living. My hobbies include RC cars (specifically 1/5th scale, pics here), RC multirotors (video here), programming, backpacking, and gardening.

I'm an easy-going guy who is nearly impossible to offend.

Thanks to all for helping build what is clearly an incredibly useful and friendly forum.

-- Tim

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    WB Line Strap
    Never seen the multi rotor b4. Awesome vid. I flew RC planes years ago had this been avail to me then I would have jumped on them. Cool stuff right there. Build yourself a bigger one carry yourself and gear along the trail.
    "Nothing could be more irrational than to give the people power and to withhold from them information, without which power is abused. A people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it is but a prologue to a farce or tragedy, or perhaps both." - James Madison

Hammock
    Clark nx 250, WB xlc 1.7dbl,WB rr d
    Tarp
    OMW, vertex
    Insulation
    incubator0,phoenix
    Suspension
    whoopie,atlas,web
    Welcome from Philly.
    When I was a kid the only time we were in the house was to eat and sleep.

Hammock
    GT UL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    KAQ Jarbridge
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie
    Rad post Mr. Hammock I'm glad you and your family are healthy and busting some trails together it sounds like you've got it all figured out living the life like a boss! What are your favorite places to backpack around these parts sir?

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    HG UQ, UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    Hybrid/varies
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadwick View Post
    Rad post Mr. Hammock I'm glad you and your family are healthy and busting some trails together it sounds like you've got it all figured out living the life like a boss! What are your favorite places to backpack around these parts sir?
    Mostly I end up somewhere in the Three Sisters Wilderness, but I'll go anywhere.
    "Every human being holds something holy. We can all have some respect for that." - Omar Marzouk

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    HG UQ, UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    Hybrid/varies
    I just added up my hikes over the last 12 months and I have busted the 250 mile mark. Not bad for an old guy with bad knees. I'm hoping to hike twice that far in the next year...
    "Every human being holds something holy. We can all have some respect for that." - Omar Marzouk

Hammock
    hk 11' hyperD - The Silver Bullet
    Tarp
    Toxaway Tarp
    Insulation
    Jarbidge & old bag
    Suspension
    Speed hooks
    Welcome from Baton Rouge.

• + New Posts