Warbonnet black bird
    Tarp
    Bcusa tarp
    Insulation
    Pad, refectix pad
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

Question Wbb mods

What are some mods some of you guys do to the warbonet blackbird hammock?

Hammock
    HH, CJH NX-250, WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Std, Hex, or WBSF
    Insulation
    Burrows&Incubators
    Suspension
    Poly web w/AHE buc
    Being a "big guy" I am not as flexy as some of the ectomorphs on this board. Had trouble reaching the foot-end zipper pull so I attached a 12" section of light cord to the pull, effectively making a "cheater" which aids in zipping up.

Of course, I added a ridgeline organizer from 2QZQ. Cannot live without one of those!

Jim

Hammock
    DH Darien UL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    No mod to the hammock but tweaked a few things. First tied a shock cord around the ridgeline and tied the other end to the zipper that way in the dark I can just grab it with my foot or just drag my had along the mesh to find the shock cord. It's so much easier than trying to find the zipper in the dark. Second I removed the pullouts shock cord and cord on the hammock and just us a 2.5 foot shock cord with a mitten hook threaded on the shock cord. I tied the shock cord to the two loops on the hammock shelf and door pullout. I just connect the mitten hook to my tarp guy line pull out works like a charm and saves weight and less cords all over the place. Also UCR's with whoopie hooks to connect to continuos loops on hammock end. Dynaglide ridgeline to boot.
    Last edited by krshome; 08-12-2014 at 17:31.

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Sil,
    Insulation
    3s Yeti
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    Images
    I took off the zipper pulls and put cord on - lighter and easier to use. Put lighter cord on for the ridgeline.
    Took the heavy shock cord off the shelf and door pull outs and replaced with just a short loop of 3/16 shock cord; then I just use light cord and a mitten hook or one of Dutch's quilt hooks to hook on to it. Replace the suspension, sort of. I put 8 inch Amsteel continuous loops on each end, color coordinated to which is the head end. Put a Dutch hook on another piece of continuous loop and larks head to the triangle buckles. Then you can use whatever straps you want, or just put the old straps back on the triangles, and the hammock is now detachable from the rest of the suspension. Also added a couple of prussic loops to the ridgeline for a small light and to hang my glasses from.
    1.1 double is now 19 ounces and the 1.1 single is just shy of 14 ounces (not including suspension). Now customized to my personal needs.
    Last edited by Country Roads; 08-12-2014 at 17:04. Reason: change a couple of words for clarification

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Not much here.
    I'm still using the stock webbing. I went with whoopies for a bit but kept having this dream I was going to forget part of them at home or leave them on the tree.
    I don't use the tie-outs, as in I removed them. I forgot to tie-out the shelf a few times, then I thought I didn't really notice it.
    I suppose I should try tying out the shelf again to make sure I'm not missing something.

To be helpful.. others have changed out their ridgeline with thinner diameter cord - just a warning, if you do this, to make sure it's the same length.

OH.. my daughter is into nail polish, so I borrowed the green & painted one end of the bishop bag to tell my head end from the foot end.
    Before, I invariably setup up my hammock with my view of the trees as opposed to the lake.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    I made a no hardware detachable structural ridgeline for mine. The connection point is based on the soft shackle connection. It's handy to be able to detach the SRL and get it out of the way of my head for when I want to sit in my hammock.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    I made a no hardware detachable structural ridgeline for mine. The connection point is based on the soft shackle connection. It's handy to be able to detach the SRL and get it out of the way of my head for when I want to sit in my hammock.
    New to the forum and have a blackbird on the way and was interested in how you did this mod. Do you have any pictures or a write up you used?

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR and BB
    Tarp
    Superfly, HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQ FJ, Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hooks
    Swapped out stock suspension for Dutch's whoopie hook suspension. Love it!!!!! Here's a link ... http://dutchwaregear.com/whoopie-hoo...pie-sling.html
    “I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." Henry David Thoreau

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    HG CF 11ft Palace
    Insulation
    Yeti3,HG20º,UGQ50º
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by TallPaul View Post
    Not much here.

OH.. my daughter is into nail polish, so I borrowed the green & painted one end of the bishop bag to tell my head end from the foot end.
    Before, I invariably setup up my hammock with my view of the trees as opposed to the lake.
    It must be a Father of Daughters thing to do... I painted Red Nail polish on the Dutch Clip that matches the Head End of the Hammock to make sure my view and hill side exit for night time are the direction I want.

I use the pull outs to get the netting away and open up the interior but never thought about changing out to a lighter shock cord. Great suggestions!

The Beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota
    Hammock
    WARBONNET 1.1 DOUBLE, DIY BRIDGE
    Tarp
    DIY ARGON CAMO/BMJ
    Insulation
    DIY DOWN TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    STRAPS/BUCKLES
    i put a small mitten hook on the shockcord tieout on the bugnet zipper side so i can disconnect the line and throw my netting back without having to get out of the hammock, i can't quite reach the end of the line where i have it staked out to undo it so this helps

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=88237&d=1403567383[/IMG]]

boot
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us. ~Bill Watterson

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast