New Hanger from St. Louis

Hey everyone!

My name is Justin, and I'm from the St. Louis area. I spent the last decade-ish in Columbia, MO, but I live downtown in St. Louis now. If there are any local hangers that want to meet up to share gear, stories, techniques, etc., I'd love to hear from you.

Anyway, I'm new to the hanging world, but I'm already hooked... pun intended. I'm a photographer (Justin M Photo) and a musician (Enso), so I end up in a lot of strange places... often without a bed. For that reason, I decided it would be good to carry my bed around with me. I figured something that fit in a small carry bag was more practical than a mattress and box spring to tote around with me, so I took up hanging.
    I also just bought a bunch of Amsteel... 7/64th, and 1/8th. I've made my whoopie slings, a bunch of soft shackles, a handful of continuous loops, and I need your help now. I will probably post a new thread somewhere more appropriate to ask this question, but I'd love to know what else I can do with Amsteel. Whether it's just for fun, a neat technique, ornamental, or supremely useful, I'd love to hear what else you guys have done with Amsteel.

Once I get done with my work edits, I'll put up some of the fun pictures we took on our recent trip to West Virginia. We shot a wedding in Beckley, then spent several days out in the woods with naught but a hammock to sleep in. It was amazing. I have a double from TrekLight. I really like it, but I feel like if it were a bit longer, it'd be a bit more comfortable on the diagonal. Initially I thought width would make all the difference (it's sleeping two), but I've since discovered, in part because of common sense, in part because of some awesome threads and videos from HammockForums memmbers, that more length tends to allot more width.

Well, I think I've been long-winded enough for this post, so I'll talk to you all soon! Attached are a couple pictures from that trip. One, our view up into the heavens without the tarp... I used a flashlight to show some of the trees... and the other picture, myself and a slithery little friend that decided to hang out on our tree strap the next morning.

Cheers,
    -jm

Any other STL hangers out there?

Hammock
    hk 11' hyperD - The Silver Bullet
    Tarp
    Toxaway Tarp
    Insulation
    Jarbidge & old bag
    Suspension
    Speed hooks
    I am not sure about STL hangers, but welcome to the forum.

RedStix

• + New Posts