Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    HH Expedition Asym Zip
    Tarp
    HH Monsoon
    Insulation
    HHSS & DIY UQ
    Images
    I just had one delivered and am keen to take it out for a test run. Will let you know how it works when I do

Hammock
    DIY / Half-wit / WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ WD
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    I used my #2 HHSS on a WBBB, Seemed to work OK, obviously pull outs and such did not line up. Still worked.

This is a cool idea. I may have to see how my HHSS undercover fits on my WBBB XLC. It never occurred to me to try it on another hammock.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Camo
    Insulation
    JRB MT Wash4 & ORM
    Suspension
    Stock Clark
    I used it on my HH for a few years, good in cool weather but here in Canada when the temps dips below -10 extra insulation is required. The fit on the over cover does not work well on windy nights.

Being a regular winter camper I found an OQ/UQ combo to work much better.

Hammock
    HH Expedition Asym
    Tarp
    Std. HH Asym
    Insulation
    Living in FL./HHSS
    Suspension
    Stock HH - for now
    So, I had my hammock out this weekend and made sure to use a Heet Sheet and it did make a definite difference. The pad wasn't wet like the last time, so that's a big plus. Still had lots of condensation on the underside of my tarp, but flipping it over and letting the sun at it for a while dried it out nicely. I'm hoping that this'll cease to be an issue once I replace my suspension and hang the tarp on a separate ridgeline (increasing the airspace between me and the tarp). I'm also thinking that for car camping (which is what the majority of my trips are), I'll replace the Heet Sheet with a cut-to-fit piece of Reflectix for easier set-up.

Dollars to doughnuts you can't beat reflectix. I use it as my only thing in 3 season and add an inflatable in winter. Feels like laying in an incubator.

Hammock
    Hennessey Explore Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/door mod
    Insulation
    DIY UQ under way
    Suspension
    whoopieslings
    Images
    They do have a #1and #2 for different models and classic and zip styles

Hammock
    Hennessey Explore Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/door mod
    Insulation
    DIY UQ under way
    Suspension
    whoopieslings
    Images
    This is from Hennessey:
    Thanks for the inquiry. You would want the Supershelter #2 ZIP for your Explorer Deluxe ZIP. The insulation that comes included will keep your warm down to about 35 degrees, just about freezing. It can easily adapted to work in colder temperatures by adding more insulation to the space created by the Undercover as it is needed. It won't fit inside the Snake skins with the insulation system attached. What's I've seen people doing which seems like a good idea is leaving the Supershelter attached and putting the whole thing inside of a compression sack. That's faster for tear down and set up.

Best regards,

James

Hennessy Hammock
    637 Southwind Road
    Galiano Island, BC V0N 1P0
    1 888 539 2930 or 1 250 539 2930
    [email protected]
    www.hennessyhammock.com
    www.facebook.com/HennessyHammock

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie510 View Post
    They do have a #1and #2 for different models and classic and zip styles
    Quote Originally Posted by punkisdead View Post
    This is a cool idea. I may have to see how my HHSS undercover fits on my WBBB XLC. It never occurred to me to try it on another hammock.
    Be careful with that, since the XLC is a foot longer than the reg WBBB and might over stress the HHSS and tear something. And really think twice about it if you have the smaller HHSS #1.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkknight0667 View Post
    So, I had my hammock out this weekend and made sure to use a Heet Sheet and it did make a definite difference. The pad wasn't wet like the last time, so that's a big plus. Still had lots of condensation on the underside of my tarp, but flipping it over and letting the sun at it for a while dried it out nicely. I'm hoping that this'll cease to be an issue once I replace my suspension and hang the tarp on a separate ridgeline (increasing the airspace between me and the tarp). I'm also thinking that for car camping (which is what the majority of my trips are), I'll replace the Heet Sheet with a cut-to-fit piece of Reflectix for easier set-up.
    Good to hear it helped!

Hammock
    HH Expedition Asym
    Tarp
    Std. HH Asym
    Insulation
    Living in FL./HHSS
    Suspension
    Stock HH - for now
    BillyBob - What's your take on the Therm-A-Rest-Z-Lite-SOL-Sleeping-Pad? Looks to me like it combines the pad with the reflective surface, so you'd only need to carry one piece, instead of two.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by darkknight0667 View Post
    BillyBob - What's your take on the Therm-A-Rest-Z-Lite-SOL-Sleeping-Pad? Looks to me like it combines the pad with the reflective surface, so you'd only need to carry one piece, instead of two.
    It might be a fine pad, but are you thinking of using it in the HHSS to replace the HH pad? I don't think that would work very well. The HH pad is very flexible and is formed to curve around your shoulders. Though HH always claimed that regular pads would not work well in the HHSS, I always meant to experiment with one. But I can easily see that the sides would be an issue.

But then again, if your plan is to replace the HHSS's OCF pad with a CCF pad, it may not matter much about the reflective surface. Though it might make the pad a bit more effective for the thickness and weight, I think most of the warmth will come from the pads thickness, plus it will already be a vapor barrier. One of the major functions of the space blanket is- in addition to any radiant barrier it might provide, is to function as a vapor barrier to decrease any tendency for body vapor to condense against that other vapor barrier in the HHSS: the cold (fully exposed to air, on the outer side of insulation)sil-nylon under cover(UC). And then any condensation gets soaked up by the HH OCF pad and any other insulation that might be in the UC and under the HH pad. So replacing the HH OCF pad with a CCF pad already provides a VB, so that function of the space blanket will not be needed. Though, any radiant qualities of the pad might be helpful.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast