strap&buckle
    The RR is much more comfortable than the ENO and worth the wait

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Images

My experience with Warbonnet so far...

That all I wanted to hear. Be proud of ur new product. Enjoy sleeping on ur stomach. Not many hammocks will allow that!!!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRl...MK2HAUuKvTzHug

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB Yeti
    I ordered almost a full set from Brandon and it took about 5 weeks. This is still much quicker than other custom shops. Zpack took almost 4 months (and product arrived with a hole) and kifaru is usually a couple of months out. On a side note, Brandon usually answered my questions by the next day and I even called him a few times with questions as this is my first hammock. I did a lot of research because I wanted to get it right the first time. I thought his prices where very reasonable for the custom quality of the product.

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG 20 Inc/Burrow
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ntxkayakr View Post
    my 2 cents are that Brandon is a very efficient and to the point sort of person.
    +1 to this observation. Brandon answered numerous pre-sale email questions for me before I pulled the trigger as well as some post-sale questions, and he responded in a very timely fashion both before and after he had my sale. He didn't spend much time on niceties or very detailed responses; he answered questions simply and directly. It sounds like he did the same thing for the OP, who became upset that there wasn't a more specific delivery estimate outlined in the response. Clearly he could have maintained a happier customer by providing more than the reminder of his general shipping estimates advertised on the website, especially since the request for info may have come in close to the two week mark. Was Brandon wrong for being terse? Absolutely, if you go by the mantra that the customer is always right. This customer wanted more hand holding. This customer wanted better communication. This customer could impact future sales based on this experience he chose to share.

While Brandon may not be exceptionally chatty via email, he excels in providing clear and thorough instruction on the use of his gear via videos from his website. His videos provide all sorts of great hand holding when it comes time to set up for the first time.

NOTBUSYENOUGH, you asked if you were wrong. Since you asked, you aren't my customer, and I don't need to coddle you I will share my opinion. Your product wasn't actually late yet. It sounds like you got a prompt response from Brandon, and by reaffirming delivery estimates and not acknowledging a delay with your order, he implied that your product should be done soon. That answer is more vague than you'd like, and not tactful. Here's my opinion: If a small business owner promptly answers you, but fails to answer your question clearly or to your satisfaction, you clarify if necessary and ask it again before you make final judgement or call them out in a public forum. I'd have done that piece a bit differently.

There are at least a couple vendors who do business here with a well earned reputation for not answering emails at all. Brandon may be on the terse side, but he is pretty responsive.

Let us know how the rest of the process goes for you, and how you ultimately feel about the end product.

Hammock
    Eno Single Nest
    Tarp
    Eno Pro Fly
    Insulation
    DIY Underquilt
    Suspension
    Eno Atlas Straps
    Well, now that I feel like garbage I just wanted to say that I learned a lot about the Warbonnet brand today.

My misunderstanding was in the size of Warbonnet Outdoors. I didn't know that it was such a tiny company. I can appreciate the craftsmanship that goes into these hammocks. I am getting one is because I tried a good friend's RR, leading me to purchase one in the first place. I am excited for it to come and I have learned that rushing a handmade product may not be the best idea.

I get that ENO is a mass produced brand. But, that cant hide the fact that their accessibility and introductory style is what got me into hammocking in the first place. I definitely see the quality difference between these brands (which is why I'm replacing my components) but that cant hide the fact that ENO helped me fall in love with this hobby.

To all of you who understood my email as non-aggressive: Thank you for your insight and constructive comments.

To those who took my post as slander: Sorry for offending you. It was not my intent.

Thank you all for your comments.
    "I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space"

My Gear:
    Eno Single Nest, Eno Pro Fly, Eno Guardian Bug Net,
    Eno Atlas Straps, D.I.Y. Underquilt (Modified Sleeping Bag), My Trusty Coleman Sleeping bag if it gets chilly.

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Jarbidge, EE Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie hooks
    Hey, don't feel bad. You said you had concerns (that might be a rant) and came to express them. People rushed to WBs defense and gave you some info you didn't have. You took that info and said you had a better understanding of the process.

The way I see it, everyone wins.

Hammock
    BMBH, Traveler
    Tarp
    Edge/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    JRB
    Suspension
    Whoopies!
    Images
    Amen, and that's what's so great about the forum. So many other places you see people getting all bent out of shape over something innocent. Here, info is exchanged in a very respectful way. Love this place.

Also, I also ordered from Brandon way back in January. I had a question regarding shipping date, and he answered very succinctly. No more, no less than was needed. When my gear got here, the craftsmanship and function was top quality.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by dfscott View Post
    Hey, don't feel bad. You said you had concerns (that might be a rant) and came to express them. People rushed to WBs defense and gave you some info you didn't have. You took that info and said you had a better understanding of the process.

The way I see it, everyone wins.
    I'm glad this all worked out------when I saw the first post I thought "this is going to get really ugly fast"---but every one handled this like adults. Says alot about the caliber of Hammock people! (Much better than other forums Ive been on!) If you have never ordered from a cottage vendor, it really is a very different experiance than just going to REI to pick up something. (we are totally spoiled in our modern society--every thing happens so fast on demand!) Trust me, you will absolutly love the ridgerunner! (its worth every agonizing day you have to wait for it to arrive!)
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Wbbb 1.1dbl.- Traveler multicam 1.9
    Tarp
    H.G. Cuben camo
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    Most issues can be resolved before the order is placed... 1. Ask all questions before any order is placed... Time frame of turn around, special care, what comes with it?.. etc... Eliminate all surprises possible..... I see quite often someone who just ordered a hammock from someone ,then comes on here asking what tarp they should get?.... Trust me, I know this can get very overwhelming, for beginners, but a simple scan of their website will show what tarp a vendor makes in conjunction with the hammocks they sell... Just ask them....... All of them here are very interested in giving you exactly what will fit you.....Happy hangin..
    We would be one step closer to world peace, if everyone slept in a hammock..

Hammock
    Variable
    Tarp
    Surperfly
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Variable
    I know this is a kind of old thread, but I just wanted to add my own Warbonnet experience here and how I dealt with the experience being somewhat new to hammocking, and definitely new to ordering equipment from cottage vendors.

So, I ordered my RR on 8/11/14, and received it yesterday on 9/5/14. I will admit that I was initially bummed a little that it was taking longer than I expected. "I expected" being the key words there. My expectations were skewed by a few things:

- My girlfriend had gotten me a Superfly for my birthday and I received it in about a week, from the time the order was placed to my doorstep.
    - My first two hammock purchases were an ENO, and a Hennessy. From backcountry.com Hennessy, respectively. Both arrived very quickly.
    - I had not made a purchase from a cottage vendor yet.

I attribute the quick turnaround on the SF to being a relatively "in stock" item. Looking around the forum, it seems to be just about the most popular tarp in use. Being so, I have to assume he just makes these to have on hand, knowing they will sell quickly, and they're easier to make than a hammock.

I have made a few jokes here and there about receiving other gear ordered after my RR, and receiving it before the RR got here. That doesn't mean I was disappointed in any way, however. Really, just mocking myself for my impatience toward getting something in my hands that I REALLY want, but know I have to wait for.

Since ordering my RR, I have ordered from cottage vendors exclusively. I've gotten stuff from Dutch, AHE, Hammeck, and Simply Light Designs. I don't think I'll be ordering from large companies anymore, if I can help it. Why? A few things.

First, pride. I am proud to support these people and their families, and buy things handmade in the USA. It makes me feel good.

Second, quality. There is no comparison to the quality of product you get from cottage vendors. Sometimes a bit more pricey, but the expression "you get what you pay for" started somewhere, and it definitely applies here.

Third, reputation. A big business doesn't have to worry about this as much as a small one. A bad reputation can sink a small business quickly, which is why cottage vendors are very attentive to the needs and concerns of their customers. They want happy customers, they want return customers. Providing quality services and products almost guarantees that they'll have both.

So, do I wish I received my RR a little more quickly? Of course! If I could just press a button, and have it land in my lap I'd do it. I know now, that's just simply not how this works. I am more than willing to wait for my gear from a cottage vendor, because they set the bar for quality IMHO. Would I prefer that Brandon gave me a little more detailed response to my inquiry? Of course! If I could, I'd chat on the phone for hours asking about all of the details of the process, and pick his brain. A million questions. I know that's not possible though.

In summary, I am SUPER satisfied with my whole experience with Warbonnet. I love my gear. I mean, LOVE it. I would wait longer if I had to, even though the anticipation is a killer sometimes. Especially when you keep reading all the glowing reviews from other members about a piece of gear you just bought, but don't have yet. To anyone new to high quality hammock gear like myself, buying from cottage vendors is a different experience, but it is more rewarding and ultimately satisfying. More so if you've been bitten by the hammock bug, and since you're here reading this on a forum about hammocks, chances are, you have.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast