Newbie Questions-Can't Find Explanation in Instructions

So I typically read all directions and just purchased the HH Expedition Zipped Asym. I thought I had it all figured out when I came across the two rings on the inside of the hammock at the two points that would put me on the diagonal. There was a clip and shock cord attached to one of the rings and I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do with that. What are the two rings for and what is the purpose of the shock cord and clip?

So in reading some of these posts I read about reference to head and foot of the hammock. The instructions say to sit down and swing your legs in so that you are positioned with the zipper to your right and then move into the diaganol position. Is this significantly different than getting in the opposite way and laying on the same diagonal?

I just used mine for a full week of summer camp with the Boy Scouts and loved it. Now I can't wait for the next outing...

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutchware Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    HG UQ or DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Hi mounty95, I don't have the Expedition, but I'm pretty sure that those are the tie-in points for the double bubble pad, available directly from Hennessy's website. The tie-in points prevent the pad from moving around when you're sleeping

That is an interesting idea. I used a pad that I have used for tent camping and that was going to be another question that I posted at a different time about using a pad and it wanting to be parallel with the ridgeline and the most comfortable position in the hammock being on the diagonal. I did notice when that pad moved and I wasn't laying on it anymore as I experienced first hand "CBS." So I am wondering how I could maybe modify that pad that I have to work like the pad that you reference. It is an inflatable pad so attaching some sort of grommet on the edge may be tricky.

Hammock
    TW Green Hornet / BMBH / WBBB 1.1SL
    Tarp
    Sargasso/Cloudburs
    Insulation
    HudsonRvr/Leighlo
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...r-Deluxe/page2

Post #14

As to diagonal lay, if you want your head on the zipper side, the zip is on your left....if you want your head away from the zipper side, the zip is on your right.

Picaro,
    Thanks for the reply. Seems I am not the only one that questioned it's use. I guess my question about the diagonal lay was: does it really matter? Can you achieve the same level of comfort on way or the other?

So much information to digest.

Pat

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutchware Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    HG UQ or DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    For an asymmetric hammock like you have, the direction of the lay matters very much. Follow Hennessy's instruction on direction, as you will have issues with tarp coverage, and the lay will probably be less comfortable.

Try under inflating the mattress. I have used both inflatable and non inflatable pads (blue wal-mart) and while the blue pad works better, under inflating the pad helps keep it in place.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dl
    Tarp
    OMW
    Insulation
    DIY TQ / JRB UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mounty95 View Post
    So in reading some of these posts I read about reference to head and foot of the hammock. The instructions say to sit down and swing your legs in so that you are positioned with the zipper to your right and then move into the diaganol position. Is this significantly different than getting in the opposite way and laying on the same diagonal?
    I spoke with Kelty at HH about that a year or so ago, she said there is no difference and you can lay either way. She said she preferred head away from zipper to keep her hair out of it.
    I change back and forth with mine.
    Hope that helps

Hammock
    HH Expedition Asym Zip
    To answer the question about the ring and shock chord inside the Expedition....They are for the bubble pad insulation. I have the HH bubble pad and have used it a couple of times. If memory stands correct, the instructions that came with the pad tell you what to do...Happy hangin'

• + New Posts