Partial Pad Recommendation

I've got a Jarbidge for cooler weather and a PLUQ for warmer weather. What partial pad do you guys recommend that works well?
    TNX.
    HH

Hammock
    DIY w/ Net
    Tarp
    DIY 11'x10' Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoppies + TS
    Images
    A lot of people cut sections out of a z-lite pad. I just cut 3 10" sections from a cheap ccf pad and used duct tape to turn them into a z-fold pad. It doubles as the frame in my UL pack.

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    We make one that is shaped and fitted for a leg pad that I worked on tweaking for years before I felt it was just right for hammock use. We use the highest quality foam that I could find anywhere.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Paul,
    I'll give it a look. Do you attach it to your top quilt, or place inside the top quilt? Does it make a difference from a potential condensation perspective?
    Thanks.

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Personally I like to put the pad inside of my Top Quilt...couple reasons. First it's easier to move around/turn on my side and the pad stays with me rather than taking off. Second it's easier to kick it out of the way if I get to warm and don't want it for part of the night but it's stil in my TQ when I want it again should it cool off...its not skated off to who knows where in the hammock.

Condensation wise I have never felt or noticied any. A foot pad is far less likely to collect a notticable amount than a larger full body sized quilt. I tend to wear socks of some amount to bed as well and that helps to minimize any clammy fell that the pad might get with somone who has a lot of foot moisure/condensation on the pad.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by pgibson View Post
    We make one that is shaped and fitted for a leg pad that I worked on tweaking for years before I felt it was just right for hammock use. We use the highest quality foam that I could find anywhere.
    Paul, I have been eyeing your Ridge Creek quilt for the Ridgerunner. The Ridgerunner tends to cradle my feet in more of a "V" than other hammocks. Does your pad work as good in that shape also?
    "...With saddle and pack, by paddle and track, let's go to the land of beyond."

Quote Originally Posted by pgibson View Post
    Personally I like to put the pad inside of my Top Quilt...couple reasons. First it's easier to move around/turn on my side and the pad stays with me rather than taking off. Second it's easier to kick it out of the way if I get to warm and don't want it for part of the night but it's stil in my TQ when I want it again should it cool off...its not skated off to who knows where in the hammock.

Condensation wise I have never felt or noticied any. A foot pad is far less likely to collect a notticable amount than a larger full body sized quilt. I tend to wear socks of some amount to bed as well and that helps to minimize any clammy fell that the pad might get with somone who has a lot of foot moisure/condensation on the pad.
    Thanks Paul,
    I ordered one of the 3-season pads this morning.

• + New Posts