Hammock
    SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    Dragonfly Pro
    Insulation
    SLD QuikHang UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    I use the setup from Jared at SLD. Comes with everything including adjustable ridgeline

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S and SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Some WL and UGQ
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkomatic View Post
    I use the setup from Jared at SLD. Comes with everything including adjustable ridgeline
    And if you get it from Jared, at least if he's shipping to you in the states, then he'll likely get it to you the day before you order it. He's _that_ fast.

Banned
    Hammock
    Cotton Amazonian, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Kelty, WB Superfly
    Insulation
    uq or pad
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images

Good suspension set up from DD hammocks

Quote Originally Posted by Latt View Post
    I bought the DD whoopie setup from DD
    I looked at these online, they appear to be a very good choice, the DD Karabiners are heavier than Dutch-clips but have the advantages of being more multipurpose and less likely to get lost because they can be left attached to the straps. Dutch-clips are very small and can be lost easily, but I never have. Also the Whoopie Slings can be left attached to the hammock at all times. The Dutch W.S. hooks would be redundant and not necessary with this suspension system therefore better not to use (fairly obvious).

Long term if you can find some Stainless Steel wire about 0.8 mm thick and about 60 cm or longer and bend it in half this will make a good splicing tool to help you craft your own Whoopie Slings. Other tools include long 10-30 cm needles used to repair upholstery (furniture) these are typically over 1mm thick with a large eye to put the tapered end of the dyneema cord through and then pull through the hollow center of the cord.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...Whoopie-Slings

In this example a small yarn needle is used, I have done it this way. This is my "repair in the field" method
    i.e. how to splice in an extra length of cord with just a yarn needle if your cord gets damaged while camping in the wilderness and you do not have a backup W.S. (hopefully you have some extra cord or can cut some off from the tag end).
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ing-Suspension

Hammock
    Switchback/DD Superlight
    Tarp
    BDD/DDH SL
    Insulation
    JRBShen/AHE/DDH UB
    Suspension
    Straps/DC-DDH susp
    There are a few more DD Superlight Youtubes. In one of them, (Scottish fella) his hammock slipped (and his button met the ground) at least twice and he reckoned it was because of the soft shackle. I had ordered the mini-biners.

The DD whoopies don't have a bead. Any suggestions on what to put to make sure I don't pull them through?

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    DIY
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ntxkayakr View Post
    I looked at these online, they appear to be a very good choice, the DD Karabiners are heavier than Dutch-clips but have the advantages of being more multipurpose and less likely to get lost because they can be left attached to the straps. Dutch-clips are very small and can be lost easily, but I never have. Also the Whoopie Slings can be left attached to the hammock at all times. The Dutch W.S. hooks would be redundant and not necessary with this suspension system therefore better not to use (fairly obvious).

Long term if you can find some Stainless Steel wire about 0.8 mm thick and about 60 cm or longer and bend it in half this will make a good splicing tool to help you craft your own Whoopie Slings. Other tools include long 10-30 cm needles used to repair upholstery (furniture) these are typically over 1mm thick with a large eye to put the tapered end of the dyneema cord through and then pull through the hollow center of the cord.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...Whoopie-Slings

In this example a small yarn needle is used, I have done it this way. This is my "repair in the field" method
    i.e. how to splice in an extra length of cord with just a yarn needle if your cord gets damaged while camping in the wilderness and you do not have a backup W.S. (hopefully you have some extra cord or can cut some off from the tag end).
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ing-Suspension
    I have some "sternal wire suture" that I use for splicing: #6 and #5 USP, 18'' long. It is 316L stainless steel, very strong but malleable. (#6 sounds like the size you recommend)https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surgical_suture
    Very good for splicing Zing-it too. I have a few if anyone wants some.

Hammock
    SLD TreeRunner, DD FL
    Tarp
    WB Super Fly
    Insulation
    DD UQ HG Econ TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    After only using straps for several years I swtiched to whoopies when i got my DD Frontline.
    I use the set from Mr. Arrowhead. http://www.arrowhead-equipment.com/s...oopie_Kit.html

It does not have a bead and I pulled one loop into the bury and had to re-do the sling which of course made it smaller than the other. I found some small split rings at walmart and put those on to act as stoppers.

Whoopies work great - I do plan to upgrade from the toggle to a Dutch Buckle

Blue Skies!
    cc
    Campcrafter

I'd rather be in the mountains thinking about God, than in church thinking about the mountains.
    - John Muir

Hammock
    Doublenest/RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    WB Edge/Superfly
    Insulation
    Tewa UQ, Bag as TQ
    Suspension
    Web+Whoopie Sling
    If you are asking about he 'All In One' setup with whoppie sling, O-rings, and straps all integrated into a single setup from WhoopieSlings.com, I purchased one and love it. Is lighter than similar setup I have with components acquired separately, packs small and works very well. No visible wear after about a year.

Hammock
    Dutch PoylD 11' charcoal grey
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 0* incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by campcrafter View Post
    After only using straps for several years I swtiched to whoopies when i got my DD Frontline.
    I use the set from Mr. Arrowhead. http://www.arrowhead-equipment.com/s...oopie_Kit.html

It does not have a bead and I pulled one loop into the bury and had to re-do the sling which of course made it smaller than the other. I found some small split rings at walmart and put those on to act as stoppers.

Whoopies work great - I do plan to upgrade from the toggle to a Dutch Buckle

Blue Skies!
    cc
    your question about what to do with not having a bead.
    I did not put beads on the ones I made I just back splices the end of the Amsteel and it has worked out great for my son and I.
    Don't feel the need now to ever put beads on any of them

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Atlas
    +1 on making your own. I just made a pair plus a ridgeline for a Dutchgear argon hammock I just bought (Thanks, Dutch!) It's the 3rd set I've made and it took about 20 minutes. The first set took about an hour and a half...hopefully down to less than ten minutes soon...

Hammock
    HH Exped Classic, Dutch Argon 1.6
    Tarp
    Forum Member Made
    Insulation
    JRB HR, Greylock3
    Suspension
    Rings, Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bghiker View Post
    +1 on making your own. I just made a pair plus a ridgeline for a Dutchgear argon hammock I just bought (Thanks, Dutch!) It's the 3rd set I've made and it took about 20 minutes. The first set took about an hour and a half...hopefully down to less than ten minutes soon...
    Ha! My Dutch Argon should arrive today along with some Amsteel for my first attempt at whoopies. Guess I need to set aside 90 minutes at least!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12