Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    I have light adjustable elastic pulling the hoops -- what you call poles -- gently back toward the ends. That's because I set up with a bit more sag, and I want the hoops to hold the netting a bit further away. I've sewn on eyes for the elastic and use prusics.

My NXs are older, and it is possible that the fine tailoring and fit has changed just a bit, so the elastic is not needed, ever, on current production.

I'm thinking about a z liner as I live in a cold climate year round (at night). Temps in the 30's and 40's here and there this summer at night! The ONE photo at the Clark site doesn't show a liner in place, just a photo of it by itself.... do you have any good photos or can you give me your thoughts on the liner? Thanks!

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark XL.
    Insulation
    Z-Liner UQ, UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopies, straps
    I've never tried an under quilt of any other manufacturer so I cannot speak about anything other than the Z-Liner. I can only give you my impression of the way my Z-Liner performs and the reasons I went with the Clark under quilt. Being close to the ground, I reasoned that an under quilt is likely to take an occasional beating from weather and my own ineptitude. Having a synthetic material that is easily cleaned and that can perform when wet sounds like a smart idea. I'd prefer the comfy coziness of a down quilt but being strapped underneath my hammock, I think the comfy coziness wouldn't be noticed much. Plus, Team Clark has made this under quilt very convenient with Clark owners. You just stick it up there with the Velcro that's made for it. It was too easy to pass up! The Velcro allows you to create channels for venting when it gets warm. As long as it performs well in the cold, I'll never need another under quilt for my NX-250. Sorry jaxonhowl, I've got no pictures of my Z-Liner in action. Just know it looks great and the fit is perfect. Don't think you can go wrong getting yourself one. I did spring for a UGQ top quilt and man is that thing gorgeous!
    The love of wilderness is more than a hunger for what is always beyond reach; it is also an expression of loyalty to the earth, the earth which bore us and sustains us, the only paradise we shall ever know, the only paradise we ever need, if only we had eyes to see.
    - Edward Abbey

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxnhowl View Post
    I'm thinking about a z liner as I live in a cold climate year round (at night). Temps in the 30's and 40's here and there this summer at night! The ONE photo at the Clark site doesn't show a liner in place, just a photo of it by itself.... do you have any good photos or can you give me your thoughts on the liner? Thanks!
    Here it is on a TX250
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "...With saddle and pack, by paddle and track, let's go to the land of beyond."

Thank you guys! That really does help. It looks like a great fit from end to end.

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S Argon SL 1.6
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Id think that the Z liner has to be good down to at least 32....maybe colder. Its a perfect fit. Id recomend it.

Living in the area you live in, KLLRBEE, I wonder how much a difference your humidity makes for keeping warm. I've been snowshoeing in a t shirt at 15 degrees, which is absolutely fine as long as you stay out of the shade and there's no wind. The altitude and solar strength (6200 feet on the valley floor). I think this helps in avoiding condensation too, being as dry as it is here. I have lived in the Seattle area and in Oregon and Denver area and Texas, so I know both dry and humid. It sounds like the zliner fit really will help though I may experiment with some of my own to start. The cost of the nx250 alone was a fair bit!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12