Hammeck Envy-S
    Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dutchware

New Fabric Options - Coming Soon!

We had the distinct pleasure of touring Dutch's new shop last evening. As it's located a mere 20 minutes from my house, it was rather convenient. Seriously, if you're in the Lancaster, PA area, I would suggest coordinating a visit with Dutch. Seeing the magic behind the Titanium Curtain was easily the highlight of my week!

Anyway, on to the news! Dutch (easily) sold us on carrying his Argon 1.6 fabrics for our hammocks, and we will be offering them in the near future. We are in the process of putting together an order. The Argon 1.6 is currently available in Brown and Black. However, my understanding is that two or three new colors will be available VERY soon. I don't want to steal Dutch's thunder, as I haven't seen an announcement for the new colors anywhere else on the Forums, so you'll have to wait to hear it from him!

On another note... We're seeking your expert opinion about suspension options. We currently provide a set of 6' tree straps, toggles, and 6' whoopie slings with every Hammeck. This is the suspension system I'm most familiar with, but it's not the only one. We're considering offering a couple of options, and wanted to know what everyone prefers? Cinch buckles? Any one of Dutch's systems? Whoopies and carabiners? Let us know! We're looking for a hybrid of simplicity and easy to make. Weight is also important, but we believe our current suspension already capitalizes in that area.

Thanks!
    meckelangelo
    Hammeck - Hammocks, stands, and accessories, made by the Meck family.

Like us on Facebook!

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 40
    I prefer the dutch clips, tree huggers, whoopie hooks and whoopie slings all from Dutch, simple and light. Dutch has a package on his site call the Whoopie Hook Suspension that is this system... absolutely love it.

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S
    Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by hattywaiverwireguru View Post
    I prefer the dutch clips, tree huggers, whoopie hooks and whoopie slings all from Dutch, simple and light. Dutch has a package on his site call the Whoopie Hook Suspension that is this system... absolutely love it.
    Ironically, I was already planning to convert to this system for my personal hammock, but I see three problems with it for the purposes we'd be considering it...
    1. It's got two different pieces of hardware, which add cost.
    2. It has the strap, whoopie sling, and continuous loop - so it adds work for production.
    3. The strap is not adjustable. The benefit of the toggle/Marlin Spike hitch is that the strap AND whoopie sling can be adjusted. You could substitute the new G Clip for the Clip, but that adds a couple dollars, also.

Thank you for your feedback! We are definitely considering this option, but it would probably fall into more of a 'premium upgrade' category.
    Hammeck - Hammocks, stands, and accessories, made by the Meck family.

Like us on Facebook!

Hammock
    11.5' DIY Argon 1.6
    Tarp
    ArgonSil11'/wdoors
    Insulation
    20F Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I have a 4 or 5 complete suspensions and they all can be put on a continuous loop in a matter of seconds. So I'm at the point that when I want a hammock to try out, just having stock continuous loops ready for my suspensions and being able save the cost over one that comes with suspension is attractive to me.

Not to mention that stock webbing is almost never long enough, 8ft is an absolute bare minimum in the PCNW, with 12 being preferred with whoopies.
    Last edited by Insaniac99; 07-10-2014 at 04:24.

• + New Posts