Hammock
    ENO/tablecloth
    Tarp
    wb superfly
    Insulation
    yeti,peapod(1st v
    Suspension
    whoopies treestrap
    well since i still own and use my first eno,(14yr) and that eno went on plenty of long backpacking trips, still going strong!!!!! you be the judge.....is it good or not......
    Peanuts

"A womans place is on the trail"

Hammock
    Too many to choose just one
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Hex or WP
    Insulation
    UGQ Bandit 30* or
    Suspension
    Depends on my mood

I saw this at an outdoor store in TN yesterday and thought it was appropriate for this thread. ENO's widespread availability has probably been a impetus to get people started in hammocking. Some will stay with ENO, some will always be looking for a better mousetrap.

I don't have an ENO, but my daughter got one for Christmas about 4 years ago. That is what kind of got me interested in hammocks. I have to research everything exhaustively before I purchase anything, so I found HF and off I went. 3 years and 10 hammocks later, I am still tinkering and researching. I love all the options and I love HF.

As it turns out, I could have probably been content for years with the second hammock I bought (BIAS WWM 11'x 60"). I will keep tinkering and buying and making new gear because I like it.

If you are content with your ENO, don't worry about it. Enjoy your hang and spend your money on your family or other worthy cause.

Hammock
    ENO SN or Sub7
    Tarp
    Noah's 9, ProFly
    Insulation
    AHE JB, ENO
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I noticed today that they are 'out of stock' on the DN on their own website. I highly doubt they planned to run out of their signature product. Must've been a heck of a run on those things of late.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by keatham View Post
    I noticed today that they are 'out of stock' on the DN on their own website. I highly doubt they planned to run out of their signature product. Must've been a heck of a run on those things of late.
    Must be a Chinese holiday!
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I think for sure they get a lot of folks hammocking. Whether at festivals or bringing one along camping just for lounging. The appetite is whetted. Then some learn that some/we spend the whole night in them. Game on.......
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

ENO is based out of Asheville,NC which is where I'm from. I will always support a local company. They make great stuff! I have modified my suspension and stuff sacks, but I'm still impressed with them. Good for you man! Keep rocking it in the free world

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    This is kind of like a discussion about which brand of car is best! (highly subjective, very personal, impossible to define) I'm glad you found a hammock that works for you! Hike your own hike,hang your own hang! (its all good!)
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    ENO SN or Sub7
    Tarp
    Noah's 9, ProFly
    Insulation
    AHE JB, ENO
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Interesting thoughts on this thread...

I didn't set out to defend or find a defense for ENO. I love my mostly ENO setup, and I feel it defends itself. I am not the least bit ashamed of it. I was merely curious what features it may lack that have caused some to "move on" from it. Occasionally when reading through the forum, I get a You-don't-know-what-you're-missing feeling.

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    Quote Originally Posted by mtsrunner View Post

As it turns out, I could have probably been content for years with the second hammock I bought (BIAS WWM 11'x 60"). I will keep tinkering and buying and making new gear because I like it.
    I'm with you there 100%
    Signature suspended

Hammock
    Too many to choose just one
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Hex or WP
    Insulation
    UGQ Bandit 30* or
    Suspension
    Depends on my mood
    Quote Originally Posted by Stakes View Post
    ENO is based out of Asheville,NC which is where I'm from. I will always support a local company. They make great stuff! I have modified my suspension and stuff sacks, but I'm still impressed with them. Good for you man! Keep rocking it in the free world
    I'm from AVL, too (well, Mills River). There are plenty of ENOs to be found around here. Mast General and Diamond Brand had them in stock this week.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast