Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dutch n whoops
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DivaB View Post
    I won't be able to make this years hang Dakota has a homecoming dance on the 27 (yes, he has his first "real girlfriend"....Yikes!!!) I'm also preparing for hip surgery (tear in right labral). I will miss you all something fierce, along with the beauty of that area. Take care my friends, I miss you all.
    Tell Dakota to have a nice time at Homecoming. Good luck on your surgery. Last April I had a similar procedure done on my shoulder and it's all working out ok. I'm sure you'll do just fine and will be back hanging around with the cool crowd. I'll say a prayer
    and God bless. See you soon.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DivaB View Post
    I won't be able to make this years hang Dakota has a homecoming dance on the 27 (yes, he has his first "real girlfriend"....Yikes!!!) I'm also preparing for hip surgery (tear in right labral). I will miss you all something fierce, along with the beauty of that area. Take care my friends, I miss you all.
    We'll miss you guys too. I hope the surgery goes well & gets you back into action.
    Tell Dakota to take it slow. ...Tim
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl + TTTG Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    Well we are a little more than 3 weeks out until the hang. We could use a few things to help make the hang successful. If anyone can bring some of the items listed toward the bottom of the food spreadsheet it would be greatly appreciated. Please list those items you can supply in the upper section of the spreadsheet.

Ponies are waiting
    Rockdawg69

It's a long way to the top if you want to Rock and Roll ----- those hills!!!

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

Hammock
    DIY, BB, Snipe
    Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dutch n whoops
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockdawg69 View Post
    Well we are a little more than 3 weeks out until the hang. We could use a few things to help make the hang successful. If anyone can bring some of the items listed toward the bottom of the food spreadsheet it would be greatly appreciated. Please list those items you can supply in the upper section of the spreadsheet.

Ponies are waiting
    Hey Rockdawg, you need any gear to help with breakfast? Gray Jay and I will always help with flipping cakes and eggs, anything you need.

Glad it's getting close. I can't stand to be away from the mountains for long! Looking forward to seeing friends and eatin' some good vittles!

Hammock
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I must be missing something. When I click on the spread sheet (including the one that says "food items") I'm not seeing anything about food.

Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    I must be missing something. When I click on the spread sheet (including the one that says "food items") I'm not seeing anything about food.
    If you have ios try the app "sheets " https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/goog...842849113?mt=8

Hammock
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    OK, I knew there had to be a "page two" and I was not seeing it.
    But I finally saw it. Down at the bottom of the spread sheet page are two tabs... "Sign In" & "Food & Raffle".

Hammock
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Thanks Robblandon. In addition to the kitchen ware you are bringing, I will be bringing a small box of stuff left behind last year.
    Some solo cups (some are RED),
    about 15 styrofoam cups,
    some paper plates (maybe 30?),
    a few more plastic spoons, etc
    and a few other odds & ends.

I'm goina try to bring fair weather like Rockdawg requested on the spread sheet but no promises.
    Better bring your rain gear... just in case. I like my umbrella in camp.
    Sure is dry around here. It would be a good thing if GHSP gets some rain between now & then so fires won't be such a concern.

Hammock
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    We haven't talked about fire wood yet.

First of all, I'm hoping GHSP has had more rain than we have here in the Piedmont of NC. It's dry as a bone here.
    I emailed Ranger Marcia about it. I'm hoping they are not so dry as to have a band on camp fires. I don't see anything about it on the park web site.
    I should hear back from her soon.

If all is well with having a camp fire, we will need to decide if we are going to have several hammock campers bring it or buy a load from someone local to GHSP.
    I think buying local is easier as long as we get well seasoned wood. Not sure but I think we paid about $60 to have a load delivered on at least one winter trip. We paid for the wood from the raffle proceeds.

Speaking of the raffle, I'll post a list of donations from several of our fine cottage vendors soon.

Hammock
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Here is Ranger Marcia's response when I emailed her about firewood, etc.
    We definitely have had our share of rain in the latter part of the summer. If the old adage is true about the number of fogs in August being a predictor for the number of snows this winter, our plows are going to get a workout!

Jim had surgery last month, so I'm not sure where he is on firewood availability, but I'll try to find out of that is the route y'all want to go.

I did talk to the vendor committee again and they are still fine with you setting up on that side near the restrooms.

The group site has been partially renovated and may be done by the time you get here, but I'm not positive about that yet.
    Thursday through Monday is fine.

Please encourage everyone to go up to the Visitors Center and check out the new instrument cases made out of chestnut. The groups donations helped fund some of the materials for those. We have 2 more planned for the mandolin and dulcimer and a final one for the fiddle if we have enough wood.

See you soon!
    Marcia

• + New Posts
  • Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast