Hammock
    DIY Wbbb Clone
    Tarp
    12x10 Cat cut DIY
    Suspension
    Ring Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post

Iafte let's not pretend like you were really worried about where the boys were.
    Only once last time, one went AT, other took Blue Blaze back to the camp site. Took them a long time to get back.

It will be nice just to kick back and relax, last hiking trip I couldn't get into a groove because they kept wanting to stop.

I will also be just back from a family trip to Hawaii so I will need some time away. (I know there is a member here who lives in Hawaii, I might need to pick your brains about a good trail I can do an overnight hike on.)
    Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time. ~Steven Wright

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    OES Spinn
    Insulation
    RAB & WM Blue CCF
    Suspension
    Many DIY
    I'm in! My first hang also!

If anyone is interested in going a day before and backpacking in, let me know. There are plenty of possibilities and I can get outta work whenever.

Looking forward to seeing some other hammockers. I just got into this and I feel like an oddity on the trail at times. I built my first two hammocks so I'm learning this all on the fly!

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    It will be good to finally meet you Hooch, NCP is due to make the trip so maybe you can carpool with him. You will have your share of Hannna Montana songs memorized. Finally the MAHHA and SEHHA are on different weekends.
    This year it's Taylor Swift. Think you can handle Taylor Swift, Hooch? I am planning to make it to MAHHA in November with Tinkerbell. Give me a shout closer to time and we can see how the carpool is shaping up...

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    JRB 10X11, MacCat
    Insulation
    Snugfit, 2 JRBs
    Images
    The MAHHA Hang will be located, again, above the shelter at Crampton Gap on the AT in Maryland. The trail to the hang is accessed via the parking lot at Gathland State Park and we'll post directions later. Redtail may do the same and and post a "survey" so that we can get a head count to plan for how many burgers/dogs, etc. that I'll need to buy for the Saturday night cookout. Please bring a few $ to chip in for the food and anyone that would like to bring things other than the burgers/rolls/etc., please know that they are very welcome. Even if you don't sign up and can come at the last minute, please do. There will be plenty of food and plenty of room to hang.

This has been a family event, so kids and dogs are always welcome!!!

Other than the Saturday night BBQ, some interesting "events" have been added:

* Dutch has offered to cook pancakes for breakfast for us at this hang. If you tasted his gastronomic wonders at the last hang, you know they are not to be missed.

* We have had raffles in the past and a bunch of folks donated items for it. Not sure if we will do one this year. All of the excess $ goes to Attroll to support the Hammock Forum Website.

There is plenty of parking and the shelter is only about a half mile walk to the site. There are plenty of places to hang on the hill to the left before you get to the shelter. Water is available at the spring at the shelter or from a faucet across the road from the parking lot. There is a privy at the shelter and there are also bathrooms in the park across the road from the parking lot. A covered pavilion is located in the park for our Saturday BBQ and as a place to gather if the weather turns really terrible. Someone will mark the trail from the lot to the site with colored ribbon. The trail is easy to follow and several folks, including NCPatrick and his daughter, Tinkerbell and IAFTE and sons, walked in in the dark with flashlights in the past.

We had 25+ hangers at the last hang consisting of inexperienced and very experienced hangers of all ages using many different types of hammocks, both commercial and DIY. It's a great place to have fun, meet other hangers from the Mid-Atlantic area and beyond, and share ideas. We are hoping that the Jacks are able to attend again, since many of us really benefited from their friendly and experienced advice; so, this hang would be a great opportunity for both experienced and novice hangers to attend. We usually have a large campfire and depending on the weather, etc, we hope to have another one this Fall.

Email me if you have any questions. We're looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Hammock
    ENO/tablecloth
    Tarp
    wb superfly
    Insulation
    yeti,peapod(1st v
    Suspension
    whoopies treestrap
    ncpatrick, tinkerbell is growing up......
    Peanuts

"A womans place is on the trail"

Hammock
    HHULB
    Tarp
    Mamba Jamba
    Insulation
    Yeti & NoSniv
    Suspension
    Slings
    Images
    I'm trying my hardest to attend this hang. Might be living in Raleigh, NC by then... so I'd definitely be interested in a car pool.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images

Thumbs up Attend A Hang, If You Can!

If any of you out there who have never been to a hang, you should try to make one of these, especially a hang like this one. You won't be testing your cold weather skills like Mt. Rogers, and you don't have to hike everyday like the Northern Hang. This is a great way to meet some of your fellow hangers, put faces to the names on the forums, learn some tricks that you've never thought of, see some cool gear, and just generally have a good time with a good bunch of people who have a common interest. I was a little worried before I traveled all the way to Virginia from Wisconsin to attend last years Mt. Rogers hang, but after you meet these people face to face, all your concerns (and your significant others concerns) seem silly. If you are on the fence about it, or are even slightly interested, I urge each and every one of you to attend at least one group hang while you can. Who knows what tomorrow will bring? Life is short; grab it by the cajones and shake it up a little, because tomorrow you may not be able to. And you may just make some lifelong friends out of the deal. Yes, they may be internet weirdos, but c'mon - we all hang fabric swatches from ropes between trees - who's gonna throw the first stone from this group?

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    that is soo touching , fin. im having a hammock moment here
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fin View Post
    ... And you may just make some lifelong friends out of the deal. Yes, they may be internet weirdos, but c'mon - we all hang fabric swatches from ropes between trees - who's gonna throw the first stone from this group?
    Amen Brother!

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
    ncpatrick, tinkerbell is growing up......
    Sure is, and it seems pretty quickly too. She's out West traveling with my stepmom right now. Hoping for some postcards from Sedona and the Grand Canyon soon.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast