Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    Tell him he's a trend setter with his fashion glow-in-the-dark blue psychotic urban camo shirt and medallion (ok to cross your fingers behind your back for this one). Tell him you want to hear EVERY STORY about Brother Adam, particularly the one about the toilet.
    Grizz
    The medallion is like no other .... blunt and sweet. The Brother Adam story is riveting.
    Would love to make the hang....... odds are not in my favor but one never knows what November Brings.
    Is it a campground hang? Hiking hang?
    Shug of the 2% Odds
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    The medallion is like no other .... blunt and sweet
    Alas, there was only the one (that we could find, anyway.)

This medallion is now the Midwest medallion, and will have to make it's appearance known at every Midwest annual, semi-annual, biennial, or whatever schedule the Midwest hang will be on. Thank you, Dutch, for passing it on to me for this purpose, and if I do not attend the next Midwest hang (I can't imagine that, but you never know) I will send it to someone who is attending. I don't know if your sending it was intended as a double-entendre or not, though. Hmmmmmm.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    JRB 10X11, MacCat
    Insulation
    Snugfit, 2 JRBs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    The medallion is like no other .... blunt and sweet. The Brother Adam story is riveting.
    Would love to make the hang....... odds are not in my favor but one never knows what November Brings.
    Is it a campground hang? Hiking hang?
    Shug of the 2% Odds
    Hey Shug...the hang is about a half mile in from a park and left up a hill right before the shelter to the hang site. There is a tremendous amount of hanging space up there. We walk back to the park on Saturday night to the pavilion for a barbecue. All are welcome...families, kids, dogs...musicians :^)

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images

We are in

As of now Thorwren and I are in. November is still a ways off but I will plan on it for now. I know Thorwren can handle the cold since she is a Mt Roger's Veteran.

Stormcrow

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    I'm penciled in but it remains to be seen between now and then. Don't know if the wife is going to brave the temps or not. I'd like to see her try as it may be the only time she gets out this year.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    I've been wanting to attend one of the MAHHA hangs for a while now, and it looks as if this may be my chance. I like that this hang and the fall SEHHA hang are a few weeks apart, it gives me the opportunity to attend both. Hope to see y'all there. Any of the NC hangers want to carpool?
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    I've been wanting to attend one of the MAHHA hangs for a while now, and it looks as if this may be my chance. I like that this hang and the fall SEHHA hang are a few weeks apart, it gives me the opportunity to attend both. Hope to see y'all there. Any of the NC hangers want to carpool?
    It will be good to finally meet you Hooch, NCP is due to make the trip so maybe you can carpool with him. You will have your share of Hannna Montana songs memorized. Finally the MAHHA and SEHHA are on different weekends.

Griz, Since you couldn't twart the N Koreans from shutting down half the goverment sites on the 4th, how do you plan on protecting the electrical grid from the Chinese. Besides we don't use electricty at the hang so let it fail. They will get it up an running by Monday. Maybe I should count my blessings for one East coast Griz siting a year.

Fin, passing on the lucky hiking medallion to you is a badge of honor like no other. Although you must keep passing it on. I'm hoping it makes it way back to me 20 years from now after attending many hangs and passing from hanger to hanger. Maybe we should etch our name and date on the back and we could create the hiking medallion fable to tell around the camp fire. Fly into Harrisburg and I'll pick you up.

Storm and Thorwren I am glad you will be making it. Storm taught me how to sign pizza. What more does one need to know.

Shug this a lazy camping hang of workshops, telling lies and nonstop eating. Great site will a pavillion and several fire rings. Although it is on the AT and day hiking is possible, the time there is so short that you don't want to miss anything.

Iafte let's not pretend like you were really worried about where the boys were.

It will be great to see the usual smiling faces of DGrav and Jess, Qpens, knotty, HC, Pedro and Rev. Pancakes will be on the menu again for Saturday morning. Coleman sent me new legs for the grill that got melted off last year and I will have two grills going this time.

I can't wait
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    It will be good to finally meet you Hooch.
    Same here, I'll be looking forward to it, Dutch.

NCP is due to make the trip so maybe you can carpool with him.
    Sweet, I'll check with him in the next couple days, or he very well may chime in here.

You will have your share of Hannna Montana songs memorized.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    ENO Double
    Tarp
    Kelty Noahs 12
    Insulation
    Z Lite
    I might be able to make it. Its a little early to know but I marked it on my calendar.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    For Shug and anyone else who may be travelling in from a distance . . .
    If you can spare the extra time, the hang is right at the Crampton Gap shelter on the AT. You can plan a pre-hike on the AT to the CG shelter and there are plenty of us at the hang who would be willing to help shuttle you back to pick up your cars on Friday or Saturday. It’s an easy way to get in some extra backpacking before the hang.
    Exercise, eat right, die anyway -- Country Roads bumper sticker
    Fall seven times, standup eight. -- Japanese Proverb

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast