colour and size questions for quilts.

http://www.hammockgear.com/incubator-20/
    what colour is the quilt in the pictures on that page?
    it looks like a dark drab olive, but none of the colour choices really seem to match it.

i like the drab colours, and want to order my quilts in something like that. I want the most dull, blend into the background type colours they do.

also, Can someone show me how small the incubator and burrow 20 quilts are when in their stuff sacks. pictures would be great if possible

thanks

Hammock
    DH Thunderbird
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway
    Insulation
    HG 20* Incu/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    2014-06-25 12.25.30.jpgi always assumed that color was black, but i've heard other people call it brown. the current brown is NOT that color tho. it is much brighter and shinier. here is a pic of a regular 32oz gatorade bottle, 20* incubator, 20* burrow, ahe toxaway, and a DH thunderbird.

Quote Originally Posted by BroChaos View Post
    2014-06-25 12.25.30.jpgi always assumed that color was black, but i've heard other people call it brown. the current brown is NOT that color tho. it is much brighter and shinier. here is a pic of a regular 32oz gatorade bottle, 20* incubator, 20* burrow, ahe toxaway, and a DH thunderbird.
    Thank you.
    I emailed hammock gear. He says it's black.

I'll finally be ordering my hammock set up today I think. I've been looking and pondering options for at least 3 years.

Hammock
    DH Thunderbird
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway
    Insulation
    HG 20* Incu/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    haha, good luck. one of the hardest decisions i've made in my life =P colors...overstuff...sew or snaps on burrow...20* or 30*....etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BroChaos View Post
    haha, good luck. one of the hardest decisions i've made in my life =P colors...overstuff...sew or snaps on burrow...20* or 30*....etc.
    That part was easy for me. Need warm here as we get cold nights. Sew looks much neater. And I just want the most dull boring colour they offer.

The hard part has been choosing a hammock.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    HG Standard Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Back to Whoopies
    Choosing the color and temp rating was very difficult for me. A long time thinking about it. In the end I went with a green 20* incubator with 2 ounces overstuff. It was between the 0* and 20* in black or green. I figured the 0* would be good for the coldest conditions and I could just vent it for the warmer conditions but thought if I had a 20* as well, I'd probably always leave the 0* at home. So I went with the 20* +2oz overstuff. I wish the colors were more drab and dull too. Even the black looks bright and shiny. We'll see. I'm sure I'll love it unconditionally. Due to be delivered tomorrow!

Hammock
    Blackbird,HH Hyperlite, Kammok Roo
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    HG 20 degree set
    Suspension
    Whoopies

I can stuff my 20 degree short/wide Burrow AND 20 degree short incubator AND WB Blackbird hammock into one 13L Sea to Summit ultrasil dry bag, and compress it enough to lay the whole package horizontally in the bottom of my ULA Circuit pack.

I wish I'd gotten both quilts overstuffed, though. They are perfect at 50 degrees, by 40 degrees I need to wear my down jacket, and I seriously doubt they'd be adequate for me at 30 degrees, much less 20. I am a tiny 100lb lady, though.

Hammock
    DH Thunderbird
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway
    Insulation
    HG 20* Incu/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Playapixie View Post
    I can stuff my 20 degree short/wide Burrow AND 20 degree short incubator AND WB Blackbird hammock into one 13L Sea to Summit ultrasil dry bag, and compress it enough to lay the whole package horizontally in the bottom of my ULA Circuit pack.

I wish I'd gotten both quilts overstuffed, though. They are perfect at 50 degrees, by 40 degrees I need to wear my down jacket, and I seriously doubt they'd be adequate for me at 30 degrees, much less 20. I am a tiny 100lb lady, though.
    if you get bored, can you take a pic of that for me? i'm trying to find a solution for the same problem. using a trash compactor bag now, but looking at the eVent dry sacks or a cuben fiber one from zpacks.

Hammock
    Blackbird,HH Hyperlite, Kammok Roo
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    HG 20 degree set
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Not home now but if I remember I'll snap a pic. It definitely helps to use a dry bag not a regular stuff sack, as you can squeeze all the air out and it becomes like a vacuum pack and stays as small as you compressed it. The 13L is plenty big and once I've squished out all the air it's probably about 8L volume. I could also fit both quilts in an 8L dry bag but it's harder to smash them in and close it, and I don't think the hammock would fit too. I actually don't usually put the hammock in there (I pack it on the top of my pack instead) unless it's raining.

• + New Posts