If you go all the way around the lake it is 26.2 miles total. I have only hammock camped on the south side of the lake so I can only speak of that side. I found a couple hanging sites with nice trees in Cedar Hollow campsite. AT Sawyer campsite, if you walk up the hill from the picnic table by the run-down potty, there is a small clearing a couple of nice places to hang a hammock. Overall though it is not very conducive for hammock hanging.

Another thing to keep in mind is the lake is way down and very difficult to get to from the trails. You either have to bushwhack through tall tickets and mud or scramble down and back up some fairly gnarly embankments (some over 50 o 70 feet tall) to get down to the lake to get water. I would plan on carrying all of the water I needed for the trip and not plan on using the lake. The lake water is also very silty and will be difficult to filter.

Another thing to keep in mind is that they let you hunt around Lake Georgetown so during deer season, stay on the trails and make plenty of noise to let hunters know you are out there. It is also better to go during the week instead of on the weekends to avoid the loud, obnoxious boat campers that tend to "invade" these parks and "Party Hardy" to all hours of the now (once they kept me up until 3:45 AM-was not a fun weekend for my group and I).

Another site you may want to consider that is fairly close to Austin is the LCRA park on Lake Travis called Shaffer Bend. There are lots of trails but they are way shorter than walking all the way around Lake Georgetown. There are lots of places to hang a hammock; but there is a small camping and entrance fee, whereas Lake Georgetown is free.