Hammock
    ENO Double nest
    Suspension
    Python straps

Mosquitohammock.com (diamond rain fly)

Hey all!
    I would like to know if anyone out there has the experience with the diamond tarps from mosquitohammock.com
    I am not concerned with weight in the least. I do like the overall size of the tarp, and the price is nice as well. My question is to anyone out there that has used this specific tarp from this website. Is this tarp RAINPROOF? As in will it not get misty in heavy storms? Also, does this tarp hold up? I understand the "you get what you pay for" deal, but, I feel like a tarp shouldn't really cost too much, especially for me who is going camping maybe 10 times in a summer, most likely on clear nights anyways.
    Thanks

Hammock
    11.5' DIY Argon 1.6
    Tarp
    ArgonSil11'/wdoors
    Insulation
    20F Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I have not used that tarp, but it is polyurethane coated nylon so you shouldn't have any troubles (at least not until the polyurethane starts to delaminate and come off in a few years)

Hope that helps.

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    I have used this tarp for more than 6 years. I like it. In hard rain and wind, you have to be very precise hanging it to get adequate coverage, but I like the openness of it and the simplicity of the ridge line, 2 tie outs and done. Easy to do in porch mode as well. Mine has never leaked, I boost it with a coat of silicone spray every year.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hammock
    ENO Double nest
    Suspension
    Python straps
    Canoebie, could you elaborate on the hanging? Do you use a knot or rings?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl lefty, WBRR
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy Camo
    Insulation
    KAQs, Pads, PLUQs
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    definitely waterproof but the claytor tarps aren't that big

because they are smaller it takes some strategic hanging for windy rain and major downpours (i.e. close to your hammock, angles the sides are hung at, orientation to wind/rain)

if you are on a budget the kelty noah 9 is a little bigger and the 12 will give lots of coverage

the hennessy hex in polyester in also a nice sized reasonably priced tarp

personally i like my claytor tarp for hot, steamy summer nights where dew is my biggest concern. pitched a little higher over your hammock it lets a nice breeze in

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl.
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ & UQ quilts
    Suspension
    Web
    I've had mine for a little more than 5 years and I still love it. I don't do anything special with it, but I do make sure it's dry before I put it away. I use knots and not rings.
    "In your face space coyote"-HJS

Hammock
    multicam T-bird
    Tarp
    camo cuben hex
    Insulation
    UGQ 0*; Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch; whoop
    I kind of miss using mine, might get it out soon. I bought a winter silnylon one for more protection, but going to go cuben fiber hex for summer. I like the open-ness of the Claytor diamond, but it doesn't offer much protection and is not light or compact. It is LONG though.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
    Hey all!
    I would like to know if anyone out there has the experience with the diamond tarps from mosquitohammock.com
    I am not concerned with weight in the least. I do like the overall size of the tarp, and the price is nice as well. My question is to anyone out there that has used this specific tarp from this website. Is this tarp RAINPROOF? As in will it not get misty in heavy storms? Also, does this tarp hold up? I understand the "you get what you pay for" deal, but, I feel like a tarp shouldn't really cost too much, especially for me who is going camping maybe 10 times in a summer, most likely on clear nights anyways.
    Thanks
    I bought one of those on this forum second hand. I am not sure how it was treated prior to me but I used it a handful of times and the 2 times I used it when it rained the water soaked thru. It looked like I was using a bed sheet. Again I am not sure how old or what was done with it but it seemed like it was in good shape.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear/KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug
    I have one and agree with everything said above, the good and the bad. One thing with mentioning is, on a couple of occasions I've had a hard time finding trees that were far enough apart for it. It's ridge length is 14ft. If you find a perfect space to hang and the trees are 13ft apart, you're in trouble. You can find a hex or square with a 10ft or 11ft ridge that is more versatile and offers better side coverage.

Banned
    Hammock
    Cotton Amazonian, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Kelty, WB Superfly
    Insulation
    uq or pad
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Read this Thread and PM the OP ask him about it. I think it is the same tarp you are referring to. The shape of the tarp did not seem to be an issue it may have just been a manufacturing problem with that one, or the waterproofing process of that batch or seam. I did not go back and read it just remember the Thread. He is a good guy, does not complain about small stuff. IMO.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...in-fly-warning

• + New Posts