Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trying to decide what i "need"

So i ordered a warbonnet superfly and blackbird xlx and i was wondering what dutch stuff i need for my tarp and maybe the hammock.
    I'm thinking wasps for attaching the ridgeline to trees and i want shockcord on the doors so i guess the little shock cord clips but i haven't looked into these much.
    Also do i need a heavy duty string/rope for my ridgeline or will 400# dyneema do?
    So what should i get?

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    I'm about to order one of Dutch's CRL's out of Grey Dyneema. Hard to beat the price, unless you can splice it yourself.

The 400# you asked about should be fine. Since tarp ridge lines are not considered to be structural, you can get away with braided Mason line. That's what I'll be replacing.

Lots of great Dutch bling. His small titanium caribiners, are way too handy, and way too UL, not to have a couple with you.

Just about anything he carries made by Tato will have you smiling as well.
    Signature suspended

Hammock
    DIY bridge hammock
    Tarp
    OES/WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    WB Straps
    Images
    "Need" is a relative term. The hammock will come with a suspension system so you don't need anything else there. The tarp does not come with any lines so there is where you need something. Sure the #400 dyneema will work. Some here use a lower weight line like Zing-It and even that is incredibly strong. #400 might be overkill since you want something other than your tarp to tear should something go wrong - heavy winds, limbs falling, you tripping over your lines, etc. The Wasps look fantastic and have yet to use them. For the doors I use shock cord with plastic hooks I took off from a trampoline that I disassembled and gave away.
    Syb
    Enjoy the elevation

Quote Originally Posted by Rolloff View Post
    I'm about to order one of Dutch's CRL's out of Grey Dyneema. Hard to beat the price, unless you can splice it yourself.

The 400# you asked about should be fine. Since tarp ridge lines are not considered to be structural, you can get away with braided Mason line. That's what I'll be replacing.

Lots of great Dutch bling. His small titanium caribiners, are way too handy, and way too UL, not to have a couple with you.

Just about anything he carries made by Tato will have you smiling as well.
    Thanks,i already ordered the dyneema with my hammock so i was just checking.

Quote Originally Posted by Syb View Post
    "Need" is a relative term. The hammock will come with a suspension system so you don't need anything else there. The tarp does not come with any lines so there is where you need something. Sure the #400 dyneema will work. Some here use a lower weight line like Zing-It and even that is incredibly strong. #400 might be overkill since you want something other than your tarp to tear should something go wrong - heavy winds, limbs falling, you tripping over your lines, etc. The Wasps look fantastic and have yet to use them. For the doors I use shock cord with plastic hooks I took off from a trampoline that I disassembled and gave away.
    Thanks for the info

Hammock
    11 ft Dutch
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    3 season New River
    Suspension
    Straps, Whoopies
    Images
    "Need" love it. I have the Dutch titanium hook on one end and a wasp on the other end of my ridgeline, which is made of lash it. I then have prusik knots with .5 nite ize to my tarp. I have zing it on my tie outs with line locks on the tarp end and the ends have a loop spliced into it, I am sure there is a technical term but is slips my mind right now. This is what I run, there are many different options but this is one that works for me, it is what came with my tarp when I bought it used, minus the Dutch, stuff and I like it.

Hammock
    WB, JRB, WL
    Tarp
    bigger is better;)
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, UGQ, WL
    Suspension
    If it aint Dutch..
    Images
    Formula :: How much Dutchware do I need?

... The amount of Dutchware you need will always = n+1
    ... Where: n = the amount of Dutchware you already own.

There is only one solution: Just go ahead and order a couple of every dutchware product there is.
    You will save a whole lot of money on shipping this way.
    Note: Use the money you saved on shipping to begin funding your next Dutchware order, cause you will always need n+1 more.
    - Loki my videos
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.
    Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.
    The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy,
    while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn." — John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Formula :: How much Dutchware do I need?

... The amount of Dutchware you need will always = n+1
    ... Where: n = the amount of Dutchware you already own.

There is only one solution: Just go ahead and order a couple of every dutchware product there is.
    You will save a whole lot of money on shipping this way.
    Note: Use the money you saved on shipping to begin funding your next Dutchware order, cause you will always need n+1 more.
    Thats what i was afraid of

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    HG Camo Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    I second what everyone else said, but a pole mod would be nice on that Superfly. Dutch sells them too

Brian P.

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 40
    I have the exact same setup XLC and SF... I have whoopies from dutch, tarp flies, dutch clips, whoopie hooks, tree huggers, 25 ft zing it, dutch hooks, and tarp door hooks. It's a lot of investment but WOW it's a huge game changer in my mind. Also Dutch is awesome so you are supporting a top notch guy.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast