Hammock
    HH
    Insulation
    down

Clark NX-250 mods I would like to make

Never being satisfied with anything I am always looking to improve my gear somehow.

I love the NCX-250 that Mannowar sold to me but I would like to do the following and would appreciate comments and suggestions on how to best do these DIY projects or farm them out to a vendor if that is the smartest course of action.

Put a noseeum panel on the gathered head end with a zip up or velcro closed cover like is on the TX-250,
    Add a water proof (when closed) adjustable ventilation in the foot end of the weather cover,
    add a bunch of noseeum pocket inside the hammock on the side so I will have a known place to put my books, flashlight, water and Peer bottles, etc conveniently segregates along the sides of but inside the hammock.
    Also add pocket in the gathered head end for the same.
    Add some way to hold down my sleep insulated air pad where I want it

many thanks for the help
    Paul or Sarge or Hawk; anything but Sue!

Bless all of those who go voluntarily into Harm's Way on our behalf, whether they wear Blue, Red or Camo, and all of those who wait for them each night not knowing if.....

Clark NX-250 mods I would like to make

Cant help with all, but a couple ideas anyway.

Best way I found to keep my pad in place was to buy a sleeping bag that has a pocket for one. I use a Big Agnes bag. Works great.

For inside storage I just run an inside ridge line and hang pockets/stuff from that. Easy to adjust / modify / or remove. Easy peasy.

The rest sounds vey do-able. Just add material of choice and someone with mad skills on the sewing machine.

Hammock
    HH
    Insulation
    down
    THanks very much. I also have a bunch of Big Adness. I have added a KLymet full size insulated WIDER pad that will not fit in the pocket. Seems I will need to sew a larger pocket or something in the hammock.

Hopefully some one has done this.

Regards,
    Paul

Bless all of those who go voluntarily into Harm's Way on our behalf, whether they wear Blue, Red or Camo, and all of those who wait for them each night not knowing if.....

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    From long ownership and use of Clarks, I suggest you try the noseum with pins, starting with a much wider mesh than Clark uses for the screening. You might pretreat it with permethrin or some other insect repellent.

This suggestion is because your desire for more air is likely due to the restriction of airflow by the rest of the bug netting.

Hammock
    HH
    Insulation
    down
    Demos,

Thanks very much. I think you are right on about the weave tightness. Which 2QZQ mods did you have done?
    Regards,
    Paul

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    Go to my pics. I just initiated 2QZQ replicating Clark's own sleeves and holders for hoops for openness. I could have done it myself, but not close to perfectly, as an expert did. The project was facilitated by ready availablility of perfectly lengthed and cheap fiberglass rods from Harbor Freight. All in archives here.

Other mods in these archives, are some simple lengths of elastic or ultra-light shock cord, to pull hoods back toward hammock ends and make tautness of netting independent of hang angle.

I have sewn loops into the hooded foot ends of all my Clarks so I can hang bulky gear, like small packs out of sight.

I have also cut slits in the underneath layer of the hoods, when needed, so I can stow the netting and weathershield away without crossing on top of the zipper. Overcomes a Clark design oversight.

• + New Posts