Total hammock noob here.
Bought a HH Exped BE years ago buy never got a chance to use it, until a couple months ago. Now I realize I can get back in the woods and
get a good nights sleep without all the hip and shoulder problems from sleeping on the ground. Planning on doing a lot of car camping and hopefully a couple backpacking trips if I can find someone to go with.

When I tried out the HH, I wasnt really happy with the bottom entry, so my HH will be on its way to 2QZQ for the Mod 4. In the meantime I bought a Grand Trunk Skeeter Beater Pro, which feels comfortable and pretty roomy compare to the HH.
The GT still leaves a few things to be desired, like internal storage, tie outs, etc.

So in the spirit of this forum and all the rest of you gear junkies I'm looking to purchase another hammock and tarp. (This really does become an addiction, doesn't it? )

I'm' 5'8" 200lbs and a restless side sleeper. Right now, my choices are between the WBBB, WBRR, DH Thunderbird, and TtT SB. I've actually put the WBRR on the back burner for now, because of the extra distance needed to setup. I have an 11' hang spot in my back yard that I would like to be able to use with the new hammock, my other option is to break out the TurtleDog stand if I need extra length.

So, my dilemma is, it would seem that conventional wisdom is, the wider the hammock, the more comfortable. However I've read all these posts about how comfortable this 52" wide SB is and most of the other hammock makers are making hammock in the 60"s for width.

So what say you SB owners, still loving the SB?????

I spoke with Dale a couple days ago, and since I only live an hour away, Dale is gracious enough to put up a SB and let me try it out. But let's be honest, trying out a hammock for 20 minutes is nothing compared to spending the night in one, so I'm looking for all the input I can get.

Talking with Dale, I can tell he's a great guy and I'm sure he has an outstanding product. Just want to be sure of this purchase, because if I buy to many hammock rigs the wife will be wanting a new kitchen remodel.

Thanks