DH Raven
    Tarp
    UGQ - Printed SilP
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/UGQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckles
    Images
    The OD worked great, I actually prefer it over black.. you can see out of it well, and there seems to be less heat retention than the black

Hammock
    diy gathered end
    Tarp
    WL big daddy
    Insulation
    HG incubator
    Suspension
    ucr's
    I can vouch for the wal Mart sheers being hotter than regular no seeum. I just finished 2 fronkey nets and can def tell the difference over my sheer cricket style.

Hammock
    One of my creations
    Tarp
    one of my DIYs
    Insulation
    DIY down or PL
    Suspension
    Something Ti
    Ripstop by the Role has several colors for $3/yd, not sure how much shipping would be. They can probably answer that question for you though.

Hammock
    DIY Tablecloth Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY 12' Sil Hex
    Insulation
    DIY Costco UQ \ TQ
    Suspension
    Kammok-n-whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouseskowitz View Post
    Ripstop by the Role has several colors for $3/yd, not sure how much shipping would be. They can probably answer that question for you though.
    Kyle is also sponsoring a Bugnet-build-off if you're interested. The link to the thread is below:
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...pstopbytheRoll
    "Hold an image of the life you want, and that image will become fact."---Norman Vincent Peale

Hammock
    Warbonnet XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Hex
    Insulation
    jarbridge/diy uq
    Suspension
    Webbing/whoopies
    Images
    I just made one of these fronkey style bug nets using the sheer viola curtains from walmart. I used it yesterday in the back yard and it was hot in there! Probably wouldn't be too big of an issue if I had pitched my tarp, but I wanted to see what the airflow would be like. I did notice a slight reduction in airflow, but the sun beating down was brutal.

Hammock
    DIY dbl lyr 1.1
    Insulation
    Ridgerest/DIY SPE
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    I put the Fronkey net together yesterday. Went suprisingly well. I learned a few things along the way.

1. the plans call for a 7 inch opening for the suspension to go through...I sewed mine to leave only enough room for my whoopie to fit through...slightly less than an inch
    2. the plans call for a 5ft. piece of bungee for the opening. I would add another couple of feet to make any adjustments to the ridgeline or sleep kit that much easier...
    3. it definitely is a bit warmer....just laying in the hammock was comfortable...i added my ridgerest (in my fleece SPE) just to see how warm my cold gear would make it...at this point i noticed the warmth..
    (and it's an overcast day here and not hot at all)
    4. i don't mind the grey at all...although again it is overcast i did not find it hard to see out of...my retina's are still intact
    5. the final weight with the bungee and cord lock comes out to 11.7oz or 3/4 of a pound basically...not ultralight weight but not going to be the straw that broke the camels back either...
    6. i am not not sure if I won't make an integrated net...I'll wait till i test the set up on a trip before I make that call...I'm just not sure yet how I feel about the 2 pieces and how best to pack them...separately or together in a bishop bag
    7. the netting really is strong stuff...when i initially tried it with the 7 inch opening the net slipped down the hammock when i was getting in...the result was my full 205 lbs on the net...my stitching held, but widened, but the net did not tear...
    8. this was a very very easy DIY and for 10$ for the net and 5$ for the shock cord it was a great investment

photo.JPG

photo (1).JPG

M

Tarp
    Diy
    I made mine out of brown wal mart sheer curtains, u guys know the ones for 4.87$ . It does heat up the inside a lil bit but I hang a small fan inside and I'm nice and comfy!
    http://youtu.be/HHcAavi3Aa4 my diy bug net!

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    UGQ - Printed SilP
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/UGQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckles
    Images
    +1 for Ripstopbytheroll at $3/yd it's not much more expensive going this route than going for the walmart sheers..

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Jarbidge, EE Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasontuttle View Post
    I made mine out of brown wal mart sheer curtains, u guys know the ones for 4.87$ . It does heat up the inside a lil bit but I hang a small fan inside and I'm nice and comfy!
    http://youtu.be/HHcAavi3Aa4 my diy bug net!
    Nice work! My wife has banned me from her sewing machine so I'll be hand stitching as well. Did you just use generic poly thread? Also, how long did it take you to hand stitch it?

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12