Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Have you been able to use the pack yet and if so what do you think of it now?
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.
    ~Albert Einstein

Hammock
    Switchback/DD Superlight
    Tarp
    BDD/DDH SL
    Insulation
    JRBShen/AHE/DDH UB
    Suspension
    Straps/DC-DDH susp
    Just lifting the pack with the SL hammock/net/tarp/UB into my car to take for show-and-tell let me know that it's impossibly heavy for me.

Hammock
    Ridgerunner / Dutch 11'
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    12oz curls
    Suspension
    Dutch Buckles
    I wanted to revive an old thread to see if anybody had any recent experience with the rucksack. They seem very affordably priced for the size but are they even worth the low price or is this one of those "you get what you pay for"? I was thinking of grabbing one for weekend trips, not any extreme wilderness survival or extended trips. I know they aren't the lightest but I figured for the price & for shorter trips they might be worth it. Any info appreciated!

I got mine as part of the adventure pack (bag, frontline, tarp, etc.) But the bag is too small to be pactical. For a day hike maybe, but then no need for a hammock. Or only a SL one.

Sent from my SM-G389F using Tapatalk
    If you don't live life to the limit, how will you know when you overcome your own?

Hammock
    Nemo
    Tarp
    rectangular tarp
    Quote Originally Posted by curveball View Post
    I wanted to revive an old thread to see if anybody had any recent experience with the rucksack. They seem very affordably priced for the size but are they even worth the low price or is this one of those "you get what you pay for"? I was thinking of grabbing one for weekend trips, not any extreme wilderness survival or extended trips. I know they aren't the lightest but I figured for the price & for shorter trips they might be worth it. Any info appreciated!
    I recently bought a 38L NI patrol pack, for £35, brand new. I think the 38L must be just the main compartment, because it holds much more than any other pack of the same stated size. It is also water resistant (I'd even say shower proof), but even so called "waterproof" packs could do with a 40L drysack for a liner (about £10-£15 for one of the Karrimor offerings) https://secretstorages.com/best-bushcraft-backpacks/
    It "should" hold plenty for a couple of nights or more, but it all depends on the weather and location you'll be out in. If you have to pack a huge sleeping bag, then you'll want to go for at least 100L, but for a small summer bag you'd get away with 40-50L (in a well designed pack). The size of your cooking kit also makes a difference. If you want to use 16cm billy cans, griddles, large kettles, etc, then you'll need a pack with a large single main compartment, or something with decent sized side pouches. If you have a tiny kettle and a couple of small nesting pans, then you don't need to worry too much about it.
    Your form of shelter is another thing that makes a big difference. A small tent will take up several times the room that a silnylon tarp will, unless you strap it to the outside somewhere..There are a lot of useful videos on this topic on Youtube. I'll leave one here for general information, I hope this helps someone

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12