Hammock
    HH
    Insulation
    down

Modifying St. Agnes to stay correc on a Static V INsulated that's wider pad pocket

I want to modify a St. Agnes sleeping bag so that a full size Klymit Static V insulated can be attached. I was thinking of a several 2-3' pieces of lite weight material made into 'straps' at 3 places. But that would allow the Klymit to side right to end of the St. Agness

Since I am a side sleeper who flops every 30 minutes. I am not sure how I am going to stay on the pad when I stand the St. Agnes on it's side. The St. Agnes pad is 20 " wide while the Klymit is 25" wide.

Anyone have a solution?

Thanks folks,
    Paul

Hammock
    HH
    Insulation
    down
    BUMP
    Anyone a St. Agnes user who can work the thread injector?

Hammock
    DIY DL
    Tarp
    WB SF, WB Edge
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Straps + DutchGear
    Might you be referring to a Big Agnes bag?
    And, what do you mean when you say "stand the St Agnes on its side"?
    Maybe clarifying this will help get your answer.... Happy to help if I can.
    I've gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, make sure I stay here.

When I see lovers' names carved into a tree, I don't think it's cute. I think it's strange how so many people take knives on a date.

Formerly known as 'Brad49426'.

Hammock
    HH
    Insulation
    down
    Thanks for replying.
    "take knives on a date." LOL

I have got to remember not to post after my sleeping pill has kicked in.
    Yup, Big Agnes.

Some of my Big Agnes bags are pretty snug when it is really cold and I have several layers of long underwear on (the first three layers of the current US Military system) and one or two military poncho liners("woobies") to fill up the bag so there is less to heat. I am a side sleeper. Additionally, when I am all buttoned up with nothing but my nose sticking out of the hood and I turn from one side to the other, I sometimes find myself sleeping with the entire bag including the bottom pad literally standing up on its side. That is not a big deal with the 20" wide Big Agnes insulated air pad since that is what the bag's pad pocket is designed for and the 'seal' between the bag insulation pad collar and the pad still work on the side.

I am going to try to use a Kylmit 23" or 25" wide insulated Static V pad. I can buy a Big Agnes wedge girth expander for the bag and put the Klymit in the bag with me. I have done that inside a current intermediate USGI bag and it worked pretty well; the outer pad edges kind of curl up around me. But I would prefer widening the Big Agnes pad pocket or add pad holder straps under the pocket to hold the bag centered on the wider klymit pad. It seems that if I simply attach a couple pad straps that the pad will slip and lose it seal to the bag insulation if I do stand the bag on its side.

So the question is, how to make the wider Klymit stay under centered under the Big (formerly St.) Agnes bag?
    I appreciate your help.
    regards,
    Paul

I am hoping to do a 40 below zero wind chill hang in a friends back yard in Canada next winter with this set up. I also have a Stephenson Warm lite bag that I will take to Canada as a backup.

• + New Posts