Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images

Hanging on the 4th

Well as lay here typing this on my blackberry (storm) it is storming badly out side my wonderful superfly tarp but I am so comfy laying in my black bird.
    Jimmy buffett playing on ipod temps are just perfect.

All clear in sector 7

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Lucky you. I dont know how hot it is here but way to hot an sunny to enjoy anything outside!

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I would be hanging, but Joker wanted to see the fireworks instead. So we went to a skatepark today...haven't been on a skateboard for ~12 years but I was still all over the ramps! So I might be laid up in my hammock tomorrow, whether I want to be or not...
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Zeti UQ & WM bag
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    I was hanging a bit this afternoon. We are RVing at a local lake and I put my Blackbird out for a while. It was 100 degrees, but there was a nice breeze and I was shaded by the two huge oak trees. I relaxed and played sudoku. When I wasn't in it the wind blew it around like a huge kite. I took it down because I didn't want it to get all beat up in the wind. (although it could probably take it, I didn't take a chance) Anyway hope everyone had a great day (hanging or not).

Hammock
    BB 1.7 Dbl, ENO SN, Switchback
    Tarp
    SWT, Diamond Fly
    Insulation
    Infl. Pad, Fleece
    Suspension
    Ring Bckl, Whoopie
    Was going to hang in the back yard and cook ribs, but ended up in bed with a kidney stone.
    "I used to be sane, but now I'm better."

Hammock
    Claytor
    Tarp
    MacCat delux Spinn
    Insulation
    CCF and Quilts
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Images
    Got back last night in time for a minor league baseball game and fireworks. I was out hanging on the NPT, July 3rd we hiked in 10.5 miles through muck and wetness to a great spot and spent the night. Slept great in the Claytor. Out the next day.

?Where is Sector 7, and what sector am I in?

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    Okay so I am back at home to a real computer to type. As I said in the earler post that I love the superfly tarp. After writing that I would find out just how good I liked that tarp. after I shut my phone off there were a couple of ground dwellers down the bottom of the hill from me that got phone calls from wifes or someone saying that we would be right in the middle of a huge storm cell that was producing 80 mph winds so we all scrambled to ready our sites in the all ready pouring down rain. So I sat and watched the walls move in ever so slowly with each gust of small wind wondering when it was going to be the big wind.
    I listening to my Ipod feeling like one of the three little pigs waiting for the wolf to huff and puff my doors down.

some of you know I like a Clark tarp and Hammock and have been forcing my self to use the BB and superfly more and more I use I love the tarp and am really beginning to feel good about the hammock as well.

The one thing I am having a problem with is getting my tarp to be more squared off look. more like a (barn) I see people's pictures with there that look like a barn but mine I can't i tried for two day's and could never really get that look. When using the pull out tabs on it when I do get them pulled out then the middle between them drapes in and at times touches the hammock.

Okay back to big STORM as I set there waiting out the storm I am soaked to the bone from trying to make sure my tarp and me don't fly away. So I cant lay down to enjoy this I didn't want every thing wet so I just sat in the hammock. as each minute passed by the wall's were getting closer to me because of the above mentioned and the gust of the winds see here I am with a face full of tarp rain coming down so hard I could not see 10 ft in front me and coming down sideways pretty nerving because in January of this year we had a bad bad bad ice storm and has left tree's lying for dead and with it allot of widow makers.

well my tarp held up the two tree's I was hanging from held up to I later found out 65 mph winds for 22 minutes and I only had small drips from where the pull out tabs were sewed in and even though it didn't look like a BARN like everyone who pictures I have viewed
    it served me well when the storm was over everyone was walking around asking everyone if they were all right even those that were at the bottom of the hill was yelling up asking those of us up on top of the hill how we fared.

Then the folks from the cabin came out and started looking at my hammock setup and there were pleased to see everything was still there and I was alright and even a few people started asking me even more questions about my hammock setup.

all in all it was a good holiday weekend with music,food,and friends.

2 things I have to do is fix those leaks in the pull outs on my superfly tarp and
    secondly I have to figure out how to get that tarp to look like a barn so it's not pushing in on the sides and touching the hammock.

later all
    Last edited by cavediver2; 07-05-2009 at 14:52.

• + New Posts