Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.

Question Technical Difficulties

Hello Hammock Forum members, Bruciehi5 here,

Went out for a nice easy overnighter, to stretch the legs, and had a couple of technical problems with the video camera. The battery went flat mid shoot and then the SD card hit the full mark. As it turns out, it is all MedicineMan's fault.

After watching a few of his time lapse videos, I decided to try to do my own. I couldn't get it to work right, but also forgot to delete all the photos off of the SD card. So, I went out on the hike with 2000 + photos on the card, that were hogging valuable SD card real estate.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

It was fairly cold and windy, but nice and sunny. I had a great time, spent the usual 15 or so hours in the hammy. In short, it was great to be out in them there, not so piney, woods again. I made a nice short video for you to watch, if you've got a spare 10 minutes. If you choose to watch the video, I hope you enjoy it!

All the best!

Bruciehi5

http://youtu.be/m1VmAbssmtw

Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    What a great public service reminder to have an electronics checklist before going into the woods
    I've learned that lesson too many times (though I still ignore my own advice).

I enjoyed the clear water of the creek and the blue skies. Not so sure about the foot cleaning thingy - not sure anybody has told the animals about the new process.

It was also nice to see the hammock setup, well most of it. It looks nice a simple.

Hammock
    Clark DLX, ENO SN, BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    OxPalace,Big Squid
    Insulation
    Oxgear, KAQ, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Thanks for sharing the adventure. I always enjoy watching your trip reports even if this was the shortest one so far. Y'all have a beautiful country.
    Everyone ought to believe in something....I believe I'll go set up the hammock!

Images
    "So that's five hammocks. I need all of them."

Truer words were never spoken.

Boot cleaning stations are popping up around fly fishing streams here to prevent the migration of some nasty stuff.

Thanks for another lovely video!

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallPaul View Post
    What a great public service reminder to have an electronics checklist before going into the woods
    I've learned that lesson too many times (though I still ignore my own advice).

I enjoyed the clear water of the creek and the blue skies. Not so sure about the foot cleaning thingy - not sure anybody has told the animals about the new process.

It was also nice to see the hammock setup, well most of it. It looks nice a simple.
    That's a good idea, TallPaul! I've actually got a pre hike check list and I'll add electronics to it.

I was thinking the same thing, how are they going to get the animals to cooperate. Come to think of it, it doesn't look like it has ever been used, so I think they might be having trouble getting the humans to use it too. Thanks for watching and commenting, TallPaul!

Quote Originally Posted by 2ply View Post
    Thanks for sharing the adventure. I always enjoy watching your trip reports even if this was the shortest one so far. Y'all have a beautiful country.
    You are welcome for the share, 2ply, and it's nice to know you enjoyed it! My videos have been way too long and having spent the past few months trying to come up with a good way to shorten them and still tell the story, this was a kind of test. Filling the SD card helped a bit too! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Roche View Post
    "So that's five hammocks. I need all of them."

Truer words were never spoken.
    Yes, Roche, 5 hammocks is a good round number, 10 sounds better! lol Might actually cut back a bit. I'm not sure if I meant that or not, probably not. Cut backs are not easy.

Quote Originally Posted by ferret View Post
    Boot cleaning stations are popping up around fly fishing streams here to prevent the migration of some nasty stuff.

Thanks for another lovely video!
    That's interesting that you have the boot cleaners near you too. It's hard for me to see how it could work, but I suppose someone, somewhere, did some research into its usefulness and gave it the thumbs up. The one I showed in the video looked like it had never been used, so I don't know. You're welcome for the video, ferret!
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Very enjoyable, reminds me of my planning{or lack thereof} skills, ha. Beautiful country there mate.
    If you prepare for failure you will probably succeed.

Hammock
    WBBB; WBRR; WBXLC;HH Exped
    Tarp
    Superfly; JRB Ulti
    Insulation
    HG TQ&UQ; AHE; WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Images
    ===> Thanks for another video, Brucie! Great reminder on the electronics situations. About to finally get another computer, so hopefully I can get back to videos again myself! Glad to see you getting out again!

Hang tight!

~ SkyPainter
    Live Purposefully; Dare Greatly; Land Gently

If you're going to do something wrong, go for it! - Beryl G.

"Never knock on Death's door - just ring the bell and run. He hates that!"

Images
    I saw your post last night Bruciehi5 but saved your video for this morning coffee.
    Excellent as always. If you are accepting video fan votes please don't cut back your videos too much.
    I will probably never get to your side of this wonderful planet we live on and your videos give me a little peak
    of it.
    Thanks again for taking the time to share your outing.

Hammock
    Mackinac Bridge
    Tarp
    DCF
    Insulation
    Grey Goose Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I always enjoy your vids Brucie. Even the truncated ones. Thanks for sharing!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast