Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    I was initially hesitant to use the stuff and then evaluated risk of usage and non-usage ( ticks and other critters) and ultimately fell on the side of usage. I would not spray any thing used as a rain-fly. I have sprayed my hammock, nylon pants, wool, cotton and merino wool with no ill effects apparent. I use picaridin on exposed skin. Realizing that this is strictly anecdotal and of short duration, I would say the benefits outweigh the risks, which from my perspective, include deterioration of gear and potential toxicity as well as just handling the stuff and having it exposed to bees, animals and beneficial insects. I use it more at the beginning of the season which is when ticks peak here. Right now they are very abundant when I go into the back forty. Around the house, thanks to three hens, nary a tick to be seen.

I use stuff I got on Amazon. I believe it was a 10% water based product, I dilute to .5% solution and spray. I do it away from house (5 barn cats at risk) away from my farm pond, (fish, frogs and turtles) try to find a nice grassy area in the sun, great tick habitat, wear latex gloves, long sleeves and spray them down. After they have thoroughly dried in the sun, I hand wash once. This last step I think may minimize potential damage to material. So to the OP, evaluate risk to gear, you, the other living critters in the world and have at it. I think risk to gear is minimal.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bolabeenz View Post
    I have treated pants and yesterday was in the woods around my house and picked up 5 ticks and just out of curiosity wanted to see if and how long it takes to work.
    It took 2-3 minutes and I could see them slow down. Then they seemed to go in circles and "weaken". They then fell off and died-I think. It works but I would still be observant; check yourself frequently.
    I have had similar results as bolabeenz.
    I also spray the bottom of my tarp and I believe it reduces the number of mosquitoes under the tarp.
    Donmacn
    Check your hardware pest control section and farm supply store for concentrate.

Hammock
    GT SB ,GT double, Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    Etowah 10x10
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just ordered two bottles, this is the cheapest i found for 24oz spray bottles.Free shipping too!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123