Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    You can make some webbing straps from cargo tie downs found in either wally world or Home depot. Other threads on here talk about how to do that. Or.. just the suspension straps that came with the hammock (assuming some did). I don't much care for the slap strap setup in the woods but on the porch where the hang will always be theam they can work quite well.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    SB Pro / SlingRings
    Tarp
    10x10 w/ Fig. 9's
    Insulation
    KAQ New River
    Suspension
    1" PloyPro Straps
    Wow, what a great porch! It would look great with white webbing wrapped around the columns running down to the pink Hammock (w/ rings?). I totally understand wanting to buy them locally but with such an ornamental porch it would be nice to have some straps that would not disrupt the visual integrity of the scene (sorry, been watching to much HGTV). A white strap will almost disappear into the column, especially form a distance. If HD has them, problem solved, but HD's will likely have a blue or yellow or red thread running through them which may be an eye sore.

If you do opt to "drill and screw" I'd say no shorter than 3" - 4" deep and 3/8" - 1/2" diameter. **I'd still go with the straps though for peace of mind**

Hammock
    DIY Wbbb Clone
    Tarp
    12x10 Cat cut DIY
    Suspension
    Ring Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyndon View Post
    And where to pick up nylon straps locally? I have a Home Depot and Wally World. That is about it.
    I like those pink rings cavscout.

I'm on the move, guys! Leaving for Salt Lake next Wednesday, and then for NYC on Friday, July17th.
    I might be able to give up one of my sets if you want to meet in NYC on the 17th. I work in NYC so I could bring them to work with me and meet up with you.
    Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time. ~Steven Wright

Thanks, Iafte
    But I won't be returning to my mom's home after New York. I will fly directly back to Salt Lake City.
    But I do thank you for the offer. Maybe we can get together for a Indian meal down in East Village?
    Will be there from July 18th to the next week.
    Wanted to spend time with my sister's family, and bike up north in New England (Conneticut River valey), but after getting shafted by FedEx ground to the tune of a hundred bucks to ship my old bike to my mother's home, I am hesitant to ship my Bike Friday system.
    I will look for the straps at Wally and HDepot this afternoon, after taking friends to the new Lincoln Museum. I hear they have guides wearing a Rod Blagojevich wigs for an extra fee.
    Lyndon
    Yes, too much HGTV Cavscout, but it would look nice. The white would look very good with the white pillars.

A bump for my second attempt on the porch

Just reviving the old thread. Plan to try this, the original Grand Trunk Pink (fight breast cancer!) hammock was 'lost' by my mother's caretakers at the time.
    Now I just bought another GT double to take down to Puerto Rico after my three week stay in Illinois, and set up and leave as a thank you to my sister for using her apartment.
    Those columns/pillars are hollow, and so the older advice stands! I guess the suggestions of straps is the wisest. And yes, the white straps would be visually nice, but probably too late to really get them in time for much use...(hmm Harbor Fright..yellow, or orange...)
    The picture really tells the story, I keep thinking there is not much distance in the corner vestibule for a double hammock layout. I would have to go the other side, the rectangular part, and attach a hook above the door frame, and go to the far corner/pillar and slap strap it, or another hook into the solid pillar. Would need to run a ridgeline for netting, as the buffalo gnats and mosquitoes are out in full force. I don't know if I can explain it, but it seems like a shallow diagonal line. I will have to measure the distance this weekend.
    Lyndon

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12