Help with Foot Pressure

Newbie. Hennessy Explorer Deluxe Zip. I'm about 5'9. I've noticed several times that I have a sore outside foot where the hammock touches the side of my foot.
    I try to always hang the foot end about a foot higher and the nominal 30 degree hang angle. I've never experienced discomfort from calf pressure and I sleep well. Sometimes I just wake up with a very sore outside of my foot where its against the hammock. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    You have tried all of the usual things. Only thing else I would try would be a piece of CCF padding under my feet tucked into the foot box of my UQ.

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    I think what you are experiencing is what I like to call "short hammock syndrome". If you have access to an 11 footer, try that out. I noticed that when I slept in a ten footer, I experienced similar situations as you. Once I moved up a size, all my problems went away. YMMV...
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Goose bumps
    Suspension
    Bat Feet
    +1 on the 11 footer. I'm also 5' 9" and could not get comfortable in a 10 foot long hammock. Current rig is 11' long and 64" wide.
    Love is blind. Marriage is an eye opener.

Thanks. I've been planning on buying a Lite Owl in the next couple of weeks for cooler weather. What confuses me is that I have the issue sometimes and other times I never have the issue. The response about the CCF pad got me to thinking about my underquilt. I use a partial underquilt and I wonder if the suspension is somehow pressing on the foot on those times that I experience the discomfort. I never really cinch the quilt real tight, but that might be it with the small diameter shock cord.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish<>< View Post
    I think what you are experiencing is what I like to call "short hammock syndrome". If you have access to an 11 footer, try that out. I noticed that when I slept in a ten footer, I experienced similar situations as you. Once I moved up a size, all my problems went away. YMMV...
    2X
    I had this same problem, well it was my heel but basicly the same, with a wbbb moved to an 11x60 hammock and problem was solved.

Senior Member Scotty Von Porkchop's Avatar
    Hammock
    BeUL with stretchy footbox
    Tarp
    silnylon hex
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Mule tape
    Images
    I always suffer this as I cant lock my legs straight any longer, too many injuries, and is exacerbated by a reduced hammock length but never goes even on a 1.1 oz 12'er.

I use a bit of clothing or a fleece and CCF square to raise my knees and it fine.

• + New Posts