Chameleon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20 deg UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by dunestunes View Post
    Thanks, definitely helps! How low are you able to take your quilt, temperature-wise? I've read the extra ounces of overstuff add something like 5 degrees each, curious if that's true. I definitely sleep cold and I'd like to be able to comfortably sleep down to around 20 degrees or so, as it pretty rarely drops below that here. That said, I don't know if I'd actually take advantage of that lower boundary very often. So I'm hoping a 20 degree quilt with a couple of ounces of overstuff will do the trick.

I admit to being a bit of a gram weenie sometimes (at least, when I can afford it), otherwise this wouldn't be much of a decision at all. But considering that I'd have to bring a foot pad with the 3/4 anyways, the weight difference is something like 2 or 3oz. A good night's sleep is probably worth at least that.
    I should qualify my statement: I had HG make me a full length underquilt for my height (short-not 3/4) and had them make me a shorter topquilt just like LilPrincess (who told me about how she had hers done by HG). You should be fine with 20 degrees.

Hammock
    Hennessy Asym
    Insulation
    ALL OF IT!
    Simple and easy, I wear a waterproof sportsbra and swimming bottom for underwear. Super easy to have a solar shower, or even take a quick dip in a stream or lake to clean up. Dry off a bit and put the overclothes back on. I've found this is the simplest way to keep clean and not have to worry about anyone getting a glimpse of any bit and bobs!

Hammock
    DIY Dbl lyr HyperD
    Tarp
    DIY Membrane Hex
    Insulation
    DIY EE 850fp Quilt
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsie8 View Post
    Any women in Oregon? Hang around the Mt Hood area?
    I live in Corvallis and hang anywhere I get the chance to hang.
    --
    moniquews

Adults are obsolete children. ~Dr. Seuss

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    CC Ponderosa
    Insulation
    Sheltowee
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I'm so excited to see this series of threads. I know when I first got into it and I bought my chameleon the buddy of mine who was helping me out wanted to know why I bought a big black tarp and an asym cover that just had the netting on the corner. He laughed and said why? He never has a full cover. I looked back at him and said "Cause I'm a girl!" I needed somewhere to change. He had never thought about it. So far I've hung in Arizona, Indiana and Wisconsin. Next year I'm looking at doing a trip to the boundary waters. Looking forward to reading a lot here. Thank you ladies!

Hammock
    11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyphaze View Post
    I'm so excited to see this series of threads. I know when I first got into it and I bought my chameleon the buddy of mine who was helping me out wanted to know why I bought a big black tarp and an asym cover that just had the netting on the corner. He laughed and said why? He never has a full cover. I looked back at him and said "Cause I'm a girl!" I needed somewhere to change. He had never thought about it. So far I've hung in Arizona, Indiana and Wisconsin. Next year I'm looking at doing a trip to the boundary waters. Looking forward to reading a lot here. Thank you ladies!
    If you are interested in "hanging" with some other female hangers, some of us will be at Da Shack hang in December.

Thread here: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...-December-2018
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 97 months

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    CC Ponderosa
    Insulation
    Sheltowee
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Thank you for the invite. Sadly I cannot make it but maybe in the future I can catch up with folks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Karla "with a k" View Post
    If you are interested in "hanging" with some other female hangers, some of us will be at Da Shack hang in December.

Thread here: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...-December-2018

Ponchos. Great for changing in.
    JUSTBEHERE
    JUSTBEHERE
    JUSTBEHERE

Hammock
    ENO SN
    Tarp
    Paria Outdoors hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/BQ (3/4)
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    Thanks for this thread! I'm planning on backpacking with my son's Scouts BSA troop this upcoming year, and this was something I wanted to make sure I had "covered". I'm really trying to get the troop to embrace lightweight backpacking, so I don't want to bring a massive tarp with doors to change under.

Plus, we now have a girl troop that does activities with the "boy troop", so I wanted to have some backcountry recommendations to pass along to the young ladies.

Hammock
    Ninox
    Tarp
    Ninox Fly
    Insulation
    Need help- Snugpac
    Okay, As I am new here and went back a few pages just to check - I did manage to see someone mention the UNDRESS.
    I own 3. The first version is too long, the second is sporty and I take it lots of places and the 3 rd is AWESOME. It comes with a bra strap and much lighter weight fabric.

I know hiking is the land of take less, so yes - I don't really plan to take it with me on over night hikes. But car camping and kayak camping I always take it.
    I can fully change clothes in the hammock, but trying to remove stinky hiking gear inside the hammock is not my idea of fun. But getting dressed in the morning is usually done while still in the hammock.

I'm glad I started looking through here.

Hammock
    Autumn Ultralight custom Juniper
    Tarp
    HG Winter
    Insulation
    SLD Trail Winder
    Suspension
    Varies
    I’m 5’7 and I tried a 3/4....hated it. I would opt for full length unless cost and weight are a major factor.

• + New Posts
  • Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast