Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Palace
    Insulation
    TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Spiders/Mantis
    My (fellow?) lady hammockers, I encourage you to not wait to hammock camp until just the right group gathering occurs, as much fun that will be. Reserve a site, grab your gear, and go.

I practice hiked for the small section AT hike I just did at Petit Jean State Park in AR. I stayed in my RV, but was social with other campers, including a couple of guys hammocking, which is how I got exposed to hammocks.
    They always had a crowd of folks interested in their hammocks and were generous in sharing info. I've found that to be a common trait amongst hikers and campers. Next time I hike in AR, in fact in a couple of days, I'll have my hammock.

I will say that on the AT, nobody wants to be your daddy and rescue you if you're clueless on the trail, which I practically was. Early on, everybody's tired and messing around with their own set up. But you'll master it, (well enough) as I did and that's such a great feeling!

If you feel the need to be surrounded by knowledgeable women as you start out, that's a good plan too. In Texas, there are at least two large groups of cool women who camp out together. If you happen to be the only person with hammock, chances are someone can contribute a useful skill.

Anyway, once you get just a little bit of experience, your confidence will built and this whole new world is yours for the taking. Have fun!

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Marlinspk/whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Slack Packhiker View Post
    My (fellow?) lady hammockers, I encourage you to not wait to hammock camp until just the right group gathering occurs, as much fun that will be. Reserve a site, grab your gear, and go.
    This is so true!

I am relatively new to hammocking and I have no one to go with me. So instead of waiting I just hit the woods solo.

I have read all 28 pages off this thread and have loved it! So glad to have a woman's thread to follow since everything I've learned I've learned the hard way or YouTube!

I'm in eastern nc and would love to get together with some of you some time. Have motorcycle and hammock, will travel!

Jes
    Jes

"The height of your accomplishments will equal the depth of your convictions."
    Willam F. Scolavino

Hammock
    90"x11' DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    UGQ WinterDream 11
    Insulation
    SnuggleBug
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle
    Ladies, I would like to personally invite all of you on behalf of Palmetto State Hangers to come to our Fall Sprawl 2016 hang in October. This is a GREAT way to meet other hangers, try out different set ups, attend various demonstrations, check out some vendors and enjoy the great outdoors. I hope to see you there. Here is the thread: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...d.php?t=127777

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    Just me being me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Palmetto State Hangers Treasurer <--Facebook Group Page
    [COLOR="#008000"][SIZE=2]SC Fall Sprawl 2016-Santee State Park - October 13-16---->

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Marlinspk/whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Junebugdawn View Post
    Ladies, I would like to personally invite all of you on behalf of Palmetto State Hangers to come to our Fall Sprawl 2016 hang in October. This is a GREAT way to meet other hangers, try out different set ups, attend various demonstrations, check out some vendors and enjoy the great outdoors. I hope to see you there. Here is the thread: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...d.php?t=127777

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    That looks like fun! Sad that I will be out of town that weekend.

Jes
    Jes

Willam F. Scolavino

Hammock
    Warbird BB xlc
    Tarp
    Agua Quest Guide L
    Insulation
    Ghost Pepper, C. R
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    New Jersey lady hammocker here saying hi. Great ladies forum. Enjoy reading the other forums pages also. Great souce of information. I started hanging a few years ago and am always looking to get out. Had a friend try my WWB xl and she went out the next week and bought her own Hennesey. My son built me a portable when I get down to the Assateque State park with the wild ponies. (not allowed to use trees) not that they really have many to hang from anyway. Breaks down and fits in my old ski bag. Looking to get up to Maine for the Lobster hang this year.

Keep this going ladies.

Sarah

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutchware Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    HG UQ or DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Hey ladies - Jonathan from the HYOH Podcast here. If you're subscribed to this thread, you might enjoy this month's podcast, we did a ladies only round table with lilprincess hosting the discussion (she started this thread). You can listen to the podcast here, or learn more about the podcast from this month's announcement, here. Thanks for listening!

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Marlinspk/whoopie
    Images
    Was reading the "12 nights a year" thread tonight and it got me to thinking about something like that for us ladies. I posted the idea HERE. Let me know if you are interested!
    Jes

Willam F. Scolavino

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutchware Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    HG UQ or DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    If you can get folks interested in it, that would be an interesting podcast in 12 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Marlinspk/whoopie
    Images
    I'm hoping to get some ladies involved! I'm going to challenge myself to do it either way.

BTW, I was listening to your latest podcast today (before my phone died) and it was great! Lots of good information!
    Jes

Willam F. Scolavino

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutchware Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    HG UQ or DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by ADVStrom14 View Post
    I'm hoping to get some ladies involved! I'm going to challenge myself to do it either way.

BTW, I was listening to your latest podcast today (before my phone died) and it was great! Lots of good information!
    Thanks for the compliment. I hope that some of the men who listen to it can share it with their significant others (spouses/daughters/etc...) and get more folks out into the woods!

• + New Posts
  • Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast