Hammock
    I currently have a Himal.
    Tarp
    Walmart brand!
    Insulation
    Arrowhead NewRiver
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    I started using a DivaCup maybe 6 months ago and I really like it. I havent gone camping or hiking while having to use it, but I feel like it wouldnt be too much of a hassle to clean it while out and about.

I also dont really care about changing while camping or hiking. I usually camp/hike with guys and if it bothers them they can go elsewhere. The only time I have to be knda careful is when Im camping in the back yard during the summer because the backdoor and next door neighbors have young boys and I doubt they'd enjoy having a semi-nude 20 year old in sight, even for a second. Then I just change in the hammock. I will usually store some clothes in between my UQ and hammock in the summer, doesnt really hamper the warming aspect of the underquilt much, for me anyway. Either that or in a stuffsack from the ridgeline of my tarp.

Hammock
    Mayan / Freebird
    Tarp
    SLD Custom
    Insulation
    UGQ 30*F / 0*F
    Suspension
    Whoopie / fleaz
    As far as the Diva cup's concerned, I've been using it for 10 years, and it works just fine while camping, and no garbage with blood on it to carry around, which I'd prefer (I'm a solo through-hiker). You just need to make sure you empty it well away from your campsite, in a nice hole, rinse, and boil it when done. Much more secure in my eyes.

For those of you using the baking soda method, please use a LOC bag. They're not 100% odour proof, but, pretty close, and a lot better than a regular zip lock bag, even if double bagged. Plus, the baking soda might help where you're concerned, but it's not going to cut it as far as the wild life is concerned.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Warbonet Superfly
    Insulation
    Open to suggestion
    Suspension
    Whoopies/carabiner
    Hey ladies! I'm new to the hiking/hammock scene and am trying to get feedback on appropriate gear. I usually wear a 10-12 curvy pant and I'm thinking I'd like an elastic waistband for my new attire. What are some of your favorites or recommendations?

Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    Quote Originally Posted by missmac View Post
    Hey ladies! I'm new to the hiking/hammock scene and am trying to get feedback on appropriate gear. I usually wear a 10-12 curvy pant and I'm thinking I'd like an elastic waistband for my new attire. What are some of your favorites or recommendations?
    I tend to load up my pockets and feel like my pants will fall down if I wear elastic waist pants. I like men's pants. More precise fit and length and more and deeper pockets.
    Keep movin', keep believing and enjoy the journey!

Hammock
    Mayan / Freebird
    Tarp
    SLD Custom
    Insulation
    UGQ 30*F / 0*F
    Suspension
    Whoopie / fleaz
    Quote Originally Posted by grannypat View Post
    I tend to load up my pockets and feel like my pants will fall down if I wear elastic waist pants. I like men's pants. More precise fit and length and more and deeper pockets.
    +1 Not to mention more durable.

Any women in Oregon? Hang around the Mt Hood area?

Just to jump on the previous posts - I used a pair of women's hiking pants, but my there wasn't enough room in the thigh for taking a big step up a rock, etc on the trail. I also switched to men's pants, and they are so far much better in terms of cut and pockets - and I even prefer the color. I just got a pair of REI brand ones.

Hammock
    Mayan / Freebird
    Tarp
    SLD Custom
    Insulation
    UGQ 30*F / 0*F
    Suspension
    Whoopie / fleaz
    Hey everyone!

I have hips that are pretty much equal to my shoulders/chest width-wise, but my booty adds another few inches circumference-wise, and I'm about to buy my first quilt, and as a side sleeper, need to keep this in mind. I don't have access to a lot of other hangers who could let me try their TQs, and since this isn't something men need to consider, generally, I thought I'd ask here:

Have any of found their tapered TQ just doesn't cover enough around the hips when they sleep on their sides and wish they got a TQ without any taper? Do I need to go wide, even though the widths are based on men's bodies? Or am I over analyzing this?

Thanks!

Hammock
    The Purple People eater. 11' DIY
    Tarp
    DIY Superfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE SLINGS!
    I had some special requests for my TQ and hammock gear was great at working with me. Sometimes that have some communication issues but if you keep trying they are worth the wait.
    Chase your dreams without fear or hesitation!

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    I use a regular sized TQ for summer, and I got a wide one for colder temps. I'm about 50/50 hammock & ground sleeper so I need extra coverage when it's cold.
    "We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love.... and then we return home."
    Australian Aboriginal Proverb

• + New Posts
  • Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast