WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Exped Downmat 7 LW
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

EE Revolt or the other guys?

I'm looking at buying my first underquilt and let me tell you, picking one isn't easy. I've been using a pad from my ground dwelling days along with my EE Revelation that I absolutely love. Seeing as how I haven't even used my tent since I bought my hammock I figured I may as well move to underquilts for ease of use and comfort.

Since my previous interaction with Tim went so well I thought I would buy an UQ from him. The thing I noticed was that the Revolt seems to be at a higher price than quilts comparable to the other manufacturers. A EE Revolt 0* at 45" with 800FP down is $275, a Winter Yeti is 46" with 850FP down from WB is $225, and lastly a Jacks R Better Greylock 3 is 52" with 800FP at only $220. The Revolt is slightly wider and the heaviest of those three but it is using 10D while the others are both using 30D so I am assuming EE is using more down and listing a more conservative temp rating.

Could someone share some insight with me. I wouldn't buying from any of these guys as I know they are all great with customer service and make a quality product but I also like getting the best bang for my buck as well.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    UGQ H11/12 WD11
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ ET's
    Images
    All GREAT products and you can't go wrong with any of them. Be sure to take a look at our 0* 47X55 3/4 UQ available with either HyperDRY700 or HyperDRY850.
    Happy Hangin'

Paul - Master Fabric Welder @ UGQ

>>>VISIT UGQ OUTDOOR HERE<<<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammock
    wbbb,streamliner,GTUL
    Tarp
    Supafly,HG cuben
    Insulation
    JRBmt4,diy,AHE
    Suspension
    whooopieee
    Cant say anything about EE. However I have had a AHE KAQ new river, jrb mt wash 4. Very very warm. Little tricky to hang. I asked Tim some questions about his quilts and he responded promptly on a holiday even. I did however chose to go with underground quilts. Haven't received it yet. So no info. EE seems to have very nice quilts. And to reply on a holiday outstanding!!

Images
    If you really need a 0 degree UQ. In those temps it really sucks trying to keep your lower legs and feet warm with a 3/4 UQ.
    I will only use a full length in the dead of winter. Many vendors offer custom length UQs so you can get just what you need
    for full coverage.
    Best of luck.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Unfortunately, I have neither an EE nor a JRB underquilt, only a 3-season Yeti. If I would use a 3/4 uq, the Yeti would probably be my go-to uq because it is so light and packs down tiny. However, I'm too cold a sleeper and I don't like using a pad under my feet - so I'm using full-length underquilts.

I would say, compare the features on paper (length, width, weight, temp rating, price, ...), decide what's most important to you and go with the underquilt that meets most of your criteria.

By the way, you didn't list two other popular underquilt choices: Hammock Gear sells the Phoenix 0° for $229 and Undergroundquilts sells the 0° 3/4 Zeppelin from $215 (depending on your choice of down and fill weight). My go-to underquilt is from HG and for my body size, it was the lightest full-length underquilt with the best weight-to-warmth ratio. I'm also very happy with the HG suspension. It seems to have eliminated all my previous cold spot problems.

You might consider going to a hang to see different underquilts close-up and possibly try some as well. Maybe that makes your decision easier.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I have bought from EE and Hammock Gear...both make great products. The next UQ I get will probably be from Undergroundquilts (great people to talk to, very detailed oriented)

Need to make sure you are comparing Full Length or 3/4 lenght UQ, types of fill, water resistant down ect.

As spring is here and if you don't need the quilt right now, try to wait until the next Black Friday Sale as most vendors offer some major discounts on their products.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

• + New Posts