Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends

Unhappy Home Page Announcement

I feel so sorry that it is necessary to post a warning about one of Hammock Forums Vendors. I am so sad that LostBiker is unable to keep up his business at this point in time.

I am pleased that Hammock Forums is looking after its members by warning the unsuspecting of issues revolving around a company that is a part of our group. It means a lot to me that Hammock Forums cares about the membership and is willing to take the measure of warning us of poor business practices.

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    I think it would be a much better announcement if the Warning included at least some information about Lost Biker's cancer and expressed condolences and concern for he and his family rather than couching the announcement in terms that would lead people to believe that he's being dishonest.

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx/Diy TQ
    Suspension
    MSH/Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by sargevining View Post
    I think it would be a much better announcement if the Warning included at least some information about Lost Biker's cancer and expressed condolences and concern for he and his family rather than couching the announcement in terms that would lead people to believe that he's being dishonest.
    These are my thoughts exactly. I have no problem warning people to not place orders, but I think there should be a note that he is battling cancer. I'm sure he would prefer to be filling these orders than going through what he is.

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Quote Originally Posted by sargevining View Post
    I want to agree with your comment, however, if I were the person posting the warning I would have written it exactly the same way.

We are a comparatively small community, most of us know about LostBiker's battle, many of us have great empathy for him and his family. However, business is business. He is unable to produce, yet people are relying on him to produce orders that have been paid for. In my opinion, Hammock Forums has some responsibility to warn potential customers that there is a problem.

There was a post last month I believe that states Under Quilts will not be accepting new orders. I see that the webs site has not been closed. So, as sad as I am, I think Hammock Forums has done a service to those of us who use the vendor's on this site to purchase our Hanging equipment from. I was very on the fence about paying $ to support this site, however I am going to buy a membership.

Hammock
    TTTM Double
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFISH45 View Post
    I want to agree with your comment, however, if I were the person posting the warning I would have written it exactly the same way.
    I agree, the post mentions that they tried to contact Lost Biker and if he responds they would change what was written. I do not think it is appropriate to mention someones personal information such as medial information without their consent. Furthermore if you were someone that paid and has not recieved anything I think it would not be asking to much to expect an email (Could even be a mass-email) just to say there would be a delay or anything really. It is insulting to have you money taken and then have no contact from the business.

Hammock
    DIY PolyD 1.2
    Tarp
    DIY .74 oz cuben
    Insulation
    Marmot Mod & DIY
    Suspension
    Dynaglide & Anchor
    LostBiker himself has made his fight known and apologized for failing to keep up with business.

People come back from all sorts of things but often relationships are ruined for the lack of understanding.

Why is HF trashing the man?

???
    Last edited by MDSH; 04-19-2014 at 16:34.
    Mike

Learn to survive and thrive in any situation, for you never know what might happen. Love family and friends passionately. Suffer no fool. Know your purpose in life and follow it with all your heart.

Formerly octothorpesarus mudsocks's Avatar
    Images
    Dave (Lost_Biker) is a part of this community. We wish him a full and speedy recovery and hope he is able to return to doing what he enjoys.

To clarify UGQ is undergroundquilts.com which is a different company from underquilts.com

Please keep this discussion respectful.

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I for one would be pissed if someone, other than a friend that was trying to help, posted about my very personal battle with cancer on a public forum without my consent.

"As of the time of this post, HammockForums.net can no longer endorse www.Underquilts.com as a forum sponsor. Please direct any questions or comments to a moderator." That is all that needed to be said if anything at all. It's not HF's responsibility to be the customer service department of a commercial website that is in no way affiliated with HF. However, I appreciate that this site is looking out for its members.

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by MDSH View Post
    ...The question for me is why HF management still carries the business. Is HF collecting fees from UGQ?...
    Let's be very Very clear. The subject ot the announcement is underquilts . com and NOT UGQ Outdoor Equipment (undergroundquilts . com).

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by MDSH View Post
    LostBiker himself has made his fight known and apologized for failing to keep up with business.

The question for me is why HF management still carries the business. Is HF collecting fees from UGQ?

It would make more sense to keep this between business partners and not trash a hurting man on an open forum. Just quietly suspend his listing on the site until the disease is conquered and UGQ can resume.

People come back from all sorts of things but often relationships are ruined for the lack of understanding.
    Can you clarify what you mean by HF management "carrying the business"?

Also, you're confusing underquilts.com and UGQ (underground quilts.com) - they are two very separate entities. Let's not cause even more confusion and dissent.

To Clarify:

Underquilts.com is owned and run by Lost_Biker, and is the website in question.

UGQ is Undergroundquilts.com, run by forum members sr1355 and Missy Lou, and is completely unrelated.

Neither business, to my knowledge, are in any way owned, funded, or 'carried' by HF, as HF is not a commercial site. Some of the cottage businesses do I believe pay to have an ad banner in the top right corner of the forum page - but that doesn't constitute HF as an entity having any stake in any of the businesses that sign up for that.

EDIT: several mods posted virtually the same thing before I was finished typing.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast