Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra Spinn
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    I have this all figured out now. As someone mentioned before it is because of the blue styrofoam pad being to slippery. Once I cut the CCF pad and put it into place I never had a problem.

I was trying to use the blue styrofoam to figure out what shape to cut the CCF pad so I did not destroy the CCF. I just gave up and made a guestimated cut of the CCF and was lucky that my first guess was correct.

Thank you all for your inputs.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    I have this all figured out now. As someone mentioned before it is because of the blue styrofoam pad being to slippery. Once I cut the CCF pad and put it into place I never had a problem.

I was trying to use the blue styrofoam to figure out what shape to cut the CCF pad so I did not destroy the CCF. I just gave up and made a guestimated cut of the CCF and was lucky that my first guess was correct.

Thank you all for your inputs.
    might you share your final version with us? (pics and dimensions would be great!)
    I have a piece of GG ccf that I'm considering cutting up
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

This might be a dumb question, but just chalk it up to me being a noob... why don't people just use a ground dwellers sleeping pad and put it in the hammock with them?

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra Spinn
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by animalcontrol View Post
    might you share your final version with us? (pics and dimensions would be great!)
    I have a piece of GG ccf that I'm considering cutting up
    I really did not cut to much off it. I pretty much just took a slice out of it. I cut the slice about one foot in from the foot end and sliced it down to where my hip was on the left side. I will try and take some pictures soon. I want to cut some more off it but and a little leery right now. The CCF cost me $44.

Quote Originally Posted by sfrye5853 View Post
    This might be a dumb question, but just chalk it up to me being a noob... why don't people just use a ground dwellers sleeping pad and put it in the hammock with them?
    That is what most of us are doing. The CCF can be used by ground dwellers.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    Dutchware 9.5" DCF
    Insulation
    Wookie 20 or 0
    Suspension
    Straps :)

nothing new apparently

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    I have a challenge for all you double layer Blackbird owners.

Using a Styrofoam or a CCF pad, design a pad that will fit across you shoulder (at least) and down to the end of your feet and will fit between the layers of the BB.

I am not done. it is not that easy so keep reading.

1. This pad must be designed so that you can lay in the BB off center.
    2. The pad cannot wrinkle nor have any unnatural ripples in it when you lay in it.
    3. You must be able to lay the pad between the layers in the off center position (the position you would normally lie in while in the hammock). Then when you get into the hammock the pad will not shift and move from this position but stay in place. This way the pad will be directly under you when you're laying the hammock in the off center position.
    I had the same problem as reviewed here:

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ad.php?t=79341

Most useful tip in this thread seems to be the silicone caulk; on the thread linked above someone also mentioned making sure the two layers are aligned before planting buttocks.
    //
    “Stories set in the Culture in which Things Went Wrong tended to start with humans losing or forgetting or deliberately leaving behind their terminal. It was a conventional opening, the equivalent of straying off the path in the wild woods in one age, or a car breaking down at night on a lonely road in another.”
    ― Iain M. Banks, The Player of Games

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123