Quote Originally Posted by ripstopbytheroll View Post
I was going to start a separate thread to announce this and get some feedback, but I'll go ahead on here. I'm actually in the process of trying to solve this problem at least in terms of material offerings. I've heard from too many Canadians to sit back any longer! Basically I have family in Toronto and what I'm trying to do is setup a Canadian fulfillment center there. You will be able to order everything like normal from the site, but it would all ship out of Toronto instead of the US. This way you avoid excessive shipping costs and eliminate the variable of not knowing whether you'll have to pay duties on items coming from the US.

I'm aiming to have everything ready to go ASAP, but there are still some logistical things left to work out. Any feedback or suggestions on how to make this work would be greatly appreciated. For starters, I've yet to nail down the shipment method completely. Would Canada Post work fine or is there something else I should look at using?
That is a fantastic idea. It is almost impossible to find the quality lightweight ripstop fabrics and silnylon here in Canada. The one place that does sell fabric in Canada is ridiculously expensive and doesn't have most of the fabrics that we use.

Old Boot has the right idea with using Canada Post for shipping. It's cheaper than using a courier for sure.

You will just have to work out the logistics of how your are going to get the materials to your family in Toronto.

Cheers

Brian