sld treerunner dl
    Tarp
    toxaway
    Insulation
    hg incubator uq
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies

SLD streamliner...

wanted to post this because this thing has changed my perspective on hanging. Some background...I purchased two treerunners (my first hammocks) from Jared at SLD for Christmas. He was a great guy to work with and was patient with all my stupid newbie questions. I liked mine (after some tweaking) but the wife didn't like hers. Sold it here and bought her a WBRR. She tried that and decided that she was sticking to the ground. So, that was sold here as well. Well, I found the streamliner for sale here on the FS at a good price and pulled the trigger on it (really want her to like the hammock experience so I can take mine on our section hikes). Well, she hasn't had a chance to try it yet because I tried it first and am blown away by it.

To me, this thing combines the flat lay/no calf ridges of the bridge hammock with the roominess and (perceived) additional stability of a gathered end. While not quite as roomy as the traditional gathered end (like my treerunner) I find that any position I get into is comfortable (mostly a side sleeper). I no longer have to search out the sweet spot as I change positions at night. I have spent the last three nights in it and I can say that it is a gamechanger for me...I can honestly say that I am now sleeping much, much better than I have on the ground. I don't believe I could have said that before.

Every now and then I see someone posting and/or selling their gear because the "hammock thing" didn't quite work out for them. this product may be "the one" for someone in that position. I don't usually fall in love with gear but I feel like this design brings something 'extra" to the table for those struggling with finding the right hammock.

Hammock
    Streamliner, Boone 30
    Tarp
    UGQ, Spinn Edge
    Insulation
    UGQ, SSUQ, Greyloc
    Suspension
    UCR's, Whoopies
    Images
    Glad you like it, I have a 10'er and like it as well. I love the visibility and 9 oz. ain't bad either.
    Give me more darkness said the blind man,
    Give me more folly said the fool,
    Give me stone silence said the deaf man,
    I didn't believe Sunday School.
    Phil Keaggy

Hammock
    Dream Hammock - Darien
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    100% UGQ
    Suspension
    Web'g
    I have been thinking about trying one. I am intrigued with it's design. Thanks

Hammock
    currently hammeck envy
    Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    phnx,zepp,jbrdge
    Suspension
    straps, hammock an
    I bought a streamliner a lil while back and it was amazingly comfortable, but with the taut sides and being well over three hundred pounds, its a lil uncomfortable getting in and out of, but oncein i find it very comfortable. In fact so much so i ordered a trail lair dl to see where that fits in my overall goal...
    It's not the boulders that throw us off balance, it's the pebbles beneath our feet

Hammock
    sld treerunner dl
    Tarp
    toxaway
    Insulation
    hg incubator uq
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainhanger View Post
    I bought a streamliner a lil while back and it was amazingly comfortable, but with the taut sides and being well over three hundred pounds, its a lil uncomfortable getting in and out of, but oncein i find it very comfortable. In fact so much so i ordered a trail lair dl to see where that fits in my overall goal...
    I left that out of my original comments. I am a medium sized guy (6',200 - 210) and find it to be very comfortable but understand that a bigger person (or broader in the shoulders) might find the fit to be a bit confining or restrictive.

• + New Posts