Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    Poly
    Insulation
    SnuggPak
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

TexSport Hobo Hammock II? Anyone hang in one?

Tonight while foot cruising the Brevard,NC K-fart,I stumbled upon TexSport Hobo II Hammocks.While SWMBO wasn't looking,I slipped a blue and a green one in to her layaway cart for our son's Christmas.We buy early so we don't have to fight the crowds.I didn't feel that $34 worth of hammocks would get me hurt,maybe the dog house, but not the frying pan.I can handle that. So while I wait for her to payout layaway,I would like to know if any others have hung around in a Hobo II hammock?I can already see that the poly rope is going away in favor of amsteel and pvc rings.I have some old nylon straps that I will likely cut and sew into good usable suspension.IF,they hang well for us,I will work on netting,under quilt,and a suitable tarp system.Since we don't do any long distance hiking and camping,I think we will be ok weight wise.Any thoughts on making these hammocks more comfy or user friendly?
    Last edited by SCWalker; 03-28-2014 at 23:22. Reason: I frogged up on a few werds.
    Nothing to see here. Keep moving.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    DIY HEX
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I haven't had any experience with this hammock but I've had some bad experiences with the Texsport brand. We attempted a cross country road trip last summer with the Texsport SUV tent and it lasted two days before the poles shattered under normal use. I then replaced the poles and the seams started to separate on day three so I stopped at a Walmart somewhere out east and purchased a good ole Coleman tent and used it the rest of the trip.

I hope you have better luck than we did and maybe someone will chime in who has used this hammock. It doesn't look bad for $16 I might have to give Texsport another chance.

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    Poly
    Insulation
    SnuggPak
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    That sucks that you had such a bad experience with their product.I would have made a point to contact them and let them know the problem.That gives them feedback to make future products better.I had never heard of this brand before tonight.I have a sewing,I mean,thread injector if I need to do some restitch work or reenforcing.I definitely feel that the supplied coarse poly rope suspension will cut through the hammock material after a few uses.Hence my idea of using the DIY PVC rings and amsteel to make a solid attachment for tree straps.

Hammock
    Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    noah16/HH hex
    Insulation
    0 incubator/costco
    Suspension
    whoopies n straps
    this hammock is 84 inches long, no? I think 7 feet is a bit short, but I have never hung in this hammock to tell you with experience if it is comfy.
    “All grown-ups were once children... but only few of them remember it.”

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    Poly
    Insulation
    SnuggPak
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by pinballwizard View Post
    this hammock is 84 inches long, no? I think 7 feet is a bit short, but I have never hung in this hammock to tell you with experience if it is comfy.
    That's confusing,because I distinctly remember the label on the ones we bought saying the length was 104.The website says 84.I'm short some where between 5'7" and 5'8" in my socks,so maybe no issue.Everyone else is under 5' in the family.We be a bunch of shorties.

Hammock
    11 ft Dutch
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    3 season New River
    Suspension
    Straps, Whoopies
    Images
    I am really confused, it is midnight and I have has a drink or two but, the link you supplied the hammocks are 16 dollars a piece. So did you get a blue and a green hammock, that being two hammocks. Or did you get one hammock that is blue and green. Isn't 16x2 equal 32 not 34. So is your math bad, did I miss a shipping charge? Either way at 84" your wife should give you the frying pan. Sorry bud I am not sold on these.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    My sister decided to grab 2 of these last summer for her RV vacation across country trip,,, they didn't hold up past the first full day at camp,, IMO would be to take them back and go with 2. 12 dollar tablicloth hammocks. We all know that they hold up

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    Poly
    Insulation
    SnuggPak
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by JToon View Post
    I am really confused, it is midnight and I have has a drink or two but, the link you supplied the hammocks are 16 dollars a piece. So did you get a blue and a green hammock, that being two hammocks. Or did you get one hammock that is blue and green. Isn't 16x2 equal 32 not 34. So is your math bad, did I miss a shipping charge? Either way at 84" your wife should give you the frying pan. Sorry bud I am not sold on these.
    I got these at K-fart for $17 each.I bought two,one blue one green.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    My sister decided to grab 2 of these last summer for her RV vacation across country trip,,, they didn't hold up past the first full day at camp,, IMO would be to take them back and go with 2. 12 dollar tablicloth hammocks. We all know that they hold up
    I'm gonna have a look at them when she pay's out the layaway.I think the problem maybe that they are probably single stitch seams.If so,I can cure that.If it's crap fabric,I can cure that too.It's not worth it to take them back.I won't be with her when she picks them up and it's about an hour and fifteen minute drive up there.If they tear up,I'll use the material to make packs,stuff sacks,or something useful.

• + New Posts